Cancelling B visa to get an O marriage visa

Currently I am working for the same company for the last couple of years and have a B visa and WP. Thinking of changing jobs in the future and would like to change to a marriage visa.

I have been legally married for the last couple of years, and now thinking of changing my visa to a marriage visa.

Currently I have more than 400,000 BAHT in my bank and have a salary over 40,000. 

I spoke to the company and they said I would have to cancel my WP and visa, and then apply for my marriage visa and then get a new WP

Questions:

1. I was told if you go from B visa to marriage visa this can be done at the immigration office without leaving the country. Is that true.

2. What extra documents would I need?

Many thanks for any advice

8 hours ago, karl2007 said:

I spoke to the company and they said I would have to cancel my WP and visa, and then apply for my marriage visa and then get a new WP

That is not correct. Changing the reason for your extension of stay (it not a visa) based upon working to marriage would have no effect on your work permit.

1. I was told if you go from B visa to marriage visa this can be done at the immigration office without leaving the country. Is that true.

You cannot change a visa from one category to another at immigration. You can change the reason for your extension of stay which you apparently have not a 90 entry from a non-b visa.

2. What extra documents would I need?

To change the reason for your extension from working to marriage you would have to cancel your current extension by having a letter from your employer requesting the change or a termination letter and then on the same day apply for the new extension.
After it is canceled you would need all the required documents for an extension of stay based upon marriage. This is my general list of documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf