Teach students to tell right from wrong, Prayut urges

webfact

Teach students to tell right from wrong, Prayut urges

By THE NATION

74721fe0f794237eaf4e4ea2ad2a7e2a.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday called on teachers to help children learn how to protect themselves from the bad side of social media and boost their understanding of the increasingly influential new media.

60d52511ef5a7a4db508d9266b0fef59.jpeg

“Under democracy, people’s voice will get louder and the authority of the state will be reduced,” General Prayut said on National Teachers Day. “Children need social-media literacy because not everything out there is correct.” 

He said teachers should guide their students to know what is right and what is wrong.

“Slandering happens in social media every single day,” the prime minister said. 

Freedom with limits

While advocating courage of expression among children, Prayut said they should also be taught about boundaries. 

“You have to learn about the line of propriety before stepping out of the box,” he said, adding that preoccupation with freedoms and rights will only give rise to turmoil. 

He also urged teachers to instil morality in their students. “Do good deeds with your heart. Thai society still lacks the volunteer spirit,” he said.

The prime minister was speaking at the opening ceremony of a three-day event held by the Education Ministry to mark National Teachers Day, which is observed on January 16 every year. 

During the event, Prayut also paid respect to General Kasem Napasawas, who taught him during his years at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy. 

Meanwhile, Education Minister Teerakiat Jareonsettasin said he believed that true change lay in the hands of teachers. 

“So, the government has prepared gifts for them,” he said, adding that he hoped teachers would in return work hard for the country. 

The three-day event is being held under the theme “Morality-Led Teachers, Boost Synergy of Thailand 4.0 Children’s Network”. 

Also yesterday, nine teachers were honoured for their outstanding work, while awards were given to two individuals and four legal entities for their contribution to Thailand’s education sector. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30362388

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-17

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said teachers should guide their students to know what is right and what is wrong.

Actually, the teachers cannot combat the poor examples of Thai children see everyday, all the time, throughout their experience. What children learn in school is a small percentage of what they learn from society.

The whole of Thai society needs to change.

He just doesn't have ANY shame does he, it is actually difficult to know where to begin dismantling the BS hypocrisy..

Easiest one.. in most people's book taking over a country via the gun & still having its citizens live under your authoritarian regime 5 years or so later is definitely wrong.

And the catalogue of other major wrongs since 2014 is LONG.

What a donkey (and to be fair, eventhat does a massive disservice to donkeys) ????

"He said teachers should guide their students to know what is right and what is wrong."

The obvious question is: "Who is going to guide the teachers?"

Hopefully not someone who believes it is right to overthrow a duly elected government, and quiet anyone who disagrees with him (wrong). Even when they have incontrovertible proof to support their accusations (right). Bottom line: The teachers will be teaching what they have always taught: He who has the power is right. He who does not have the power is wrong.

12 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"He said teachers should guide their students to know what is right and what is wrong."

The obvious question is: "Who is going to guide the teachers?"

Exactly.

One of the biggest problems Thais have is that they think only certain groupings of them have serious issues. For instance, the wealthy Thai love to single out less fortunate Thais, implying that the culture of the wealthy is perfect.

However, my experience is that the wealthy Thais are the VERY WORSE in most regards because they are led not by any moral/ethical/legal codes but rather by "I am wealthy and therefore I can do whatever I want". That is the core of Thai culture.

How do they expect the teachers to have any impact when the children can see the REAL Thai cultural code everywhere else they look. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“Children need social-media literacy because not everything out there is correct.” 

Careful they might actually be able yo work out when the political class is less the honest.

While advocating courage of expression among children, Prayut said they should also be taught about boundaries. 

“You have to learn about the line of propriety before stepping out of the box,” he said, adding that preoccupation with freedoms and rights will only give rise to turmoil. 

So think but not too much. Don't dream about freedom.

“Under democracy, people’s voice will get louder and the authority of the state will be reduced,”

... and that, children, is why we must never let democracy take hold, while constantly telling you that we are striving towards a democracy.
Now do you understand?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Quite impossible when the education system has set a "NO FAIL POLICY". The kids have this all figured out, so how do you teach wrong from right when the system is flawed?

Quite the syllogism this is....

Teach students to tell right from wrong !!

That coming from a man who does not know right from wrong.

It is wrong to take over a country by means of arms, it is wrong to have people in government who cannot tell the truth, it is wrong to abduct people and take them away for attitude adjustment, just because they dont agree with you.

I would have thought that the first thought would have been, jeez these classrooms could do with an upgrade. How about supplying budget for air conditioners. I almost fainted one day in a hot overfilled room.

There's a lot more to do. But step by step.

When I first read this headline, around 6:30am, I dismissed it as not even worthy of thinking about, let alone posting about. I thought about the hypocrisy of the heading whilst eating my breakfast - to be true, it ruined my breakfast - and decided that I ought to try to submit a post in response to what is nothing other than a massive insult to the average Thai's intelligence.

Sadly, I had to excuse myself from breakfast and head for the loo. I said I might be some time. I was and, to be true, this utter filth from Prayuth's black hole of a mouth is likely to taint the rest of my day . . . and, more than likely, the days of a million millions of self-respecting Thais across the country.

Oh, please, Thailand . . . put this shameful bit of humanity inhumanity where he belongs . . . sometime soon.

Gladys! . . . pass me another loo roll, will you.

9 minutes ago, Ossy said:

When I first read this headline, around 6:30am, I dismissed it as not even worthy of thinking about, let alone posting about. I thought about the hypocrisy of the heading whilst eating my breakfast - to be true, it ruined my breakfast - and decided that I ought to try to submit a post in response to what is nothing other than a massive insult to the average Thai's intelligence.

Sadly, I had to excuse myself from breakfast and head for the loo. I said I might be some time. I was and, to be true, this utter filth from Prayuth's black hole of a mouth is likely to taint the rest of my day . . . and, more than likely, the days of a million millions of self-respecting Thais across the country.

Oh, please, Thailand . . . put this shameful bit of humanity inhumanity where he belongs . . . sometime soon.

Gladys! . . . pass me another loo roll, will you.

What did you have for breakfast?

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Quite impossible when the education system has set a "NO FAIL POLICY". The kids have this all figured out, so how do you teach wrong from right when the system is flawed?

Quite the syllogism this is....

The "No fail policy" for students offsets the total failure of the entire education system. 

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Actually, the teachers cannot combat the poor examples of Thai children see everyday, all the time, throughout their experience. What children learn in school is a small percentage of what they learn from society.

The whole of Thai society needs to change.

Its wrong to delay an election .... oops he does not want them to think about that

Its wrong to have a watch scandal with no real investigation a white wash... also not something he wants them to think about.

Its wrong to have a rice program with massive fraud in G2G deals... im sure he wants them to know that.

Its wrong to build polices station and halt them and not investigate them.. also sure he does not want them to know that.

He just want them to see his enemies as wrong and forgive the junta all its mistakes.

If the kids  really were taught to know right and wrong all the Thai politicians and junta would not stand a chance anymore and Thailand would progress.

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its wrong to delay an election .... oops he does not want them to think about that

Its wrong to have a watch scandal with no real investigation a white wash... also not something he wants them to think about.

Its wrong to have a rice program with massive fraud in G2G deals... im sure he wants them to know that.

Its wrong to build polices station and halt them and not investigate them.. also sure he does not want them to know that.

He just want them to see his enemies as wrong and forgive the junta all its mistakes.

If the kids  really were taught to know right and wrong all the Thai politicians and junta would not stand a chance anymore and Thailand would progress.

You forgot to mention the immunity for him and the immunity given to his family, and the immunity allocated for the Junta can do no wrong cronies and hi so old wealth. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

You forgot to mention the immunity for him and the immunity given to his family, and the immunity allocated for the Junta can do no wrong cronies and hi so old wealth. 

I forgot plenty of Shin crimes too and other Democrat and PTP crimes my list was certainly not a total list just a small one to show how hypocrite the junta is. If i wanted to include all corruption and crimes of politicians and junta I am worried the Thai-visa database would overflow.????

. This statement is cringe-worthy: 

“Under democracy, people’s voice will get louder and the authority of the state will be reduced,” General Prayut said

You can tell he's really starting to lose his own mental game. 

Anyway, students are as stupid as little P is making them out to be. They know right from wrong, they just don't care. And why should they? Look at the people running the country and what they get away with. 

Archived