As shutdown lingers, Pelosi pushes Trump to delay State of Union speech

webfact

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"State of the Union speech" Why so formal? He uses Twitter all day and night. He doesn't need a State of the Union speech.

It's a constitutional requirement but it does not have to be a speech. So yeah maybe it could be delivered by twitter.

41 minutes ago, Becker said:

- lies

- braggadocio

- lies

- narcissism

- lies

- exaggeration

- lies

- divisive nature

- lies

- wall obsession

- lies

- abuse of power

- lies

- abuse of public servants

- lies

- illiteracy

- lies

Pretty accurate....except you need to add more "lies."

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Sort of a sad state of affair when the opposition can not even name one person they would prefer to be president. This is the lack of any defining agenda or thought past hating Trump there is these days.

Yep.... it’s definitely a sad state of affairs when the mechanism of government is consumed with stifling a rogue president, in the present, vs worrying about a future that may never be, if donal is not blocked at every opportunity, which is the salient point

the next election is way way away in the future.... it’s the here and now that matters.

anyway... if your really looking for an alternative, to push some form of hidden agenda, Beto orouke sounded really good, although it’s academic, because Kermit the frog would be better than trump... in this, compare apples to apples (or rather, glove puppets to glove puppets)

and... MAGA does not require trump, who stole the term from former presidents, so thats a non starter.... instead look at something that trump didn’t steal from the mouths of others... something original from trump... something like “build a wall, Mexico will pay for it!”

8 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Yep.... it’s definitely a sad state of affairs when the mechanism of government is consumed with stifling a rogue president, in the present, vs worrying about a future that may never be, if donal is not blocked at every opportunity, which is the salient point

the next election is way way away in the future.... it’s the here and now that matters.

anyway... if your really looking for an alternative, to push some form of hidden agenda, Beto orouke sounded really good, although it’s academic, because Kermit the frog would be better than trump... in this, compare apples to apples (or rather, glove puppets to glove puppets)

and... MAGA does not require trump, who stole the term from former presidents, so thats a non starter.... instead look at something that trump didn’t steal from the mouths of others... something original from trump... something like “build a wall, Mexico will pay for it!”

Just name a Democrat that can defeat Trump.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a constitutional requirement but it does not have to be a speech. So yeah maybe it could be delivered by twitter.

So.... you aroused my curiosity.

until 1913, the state of the union “speech” was historically delivered as a written document to congress. There is no requirement that it be verbal, in person, or communicated via any form of media, and it’s for the benefit of congress, moreso than for the benefit of the people.... there are other platforms to let the people know how they will be screwed over this year.

Anyway.... id truly hiss my pants if the Democrats boycotted the event, should it go ahead

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

So.... you aroused my curiosity.

until 1913, the state of the union “speech” was historically delivered as a written document to congress. There is no requirement that it be verbal, in person, or communicated via any form of media, and it’s for the benefit of congress, moreso than for the benefit of the people.... there are other platforms to let the people know how they will be screwed over this year.

Anyway.... id truly hiss my pants if the Democrats boycotted the event, should it go ahead. Obviously Trump would use it to speak to his base.

Trump will use it to be whatever he wants, there is no mandate. Something went wrong with my quote. My apologies. 

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Why name a Democrat? Why not a republican or an independent.... or a frog puppet?

you seem to believe that to be anti trump means being a democrat, but this is not the case.... go back and look at my posts during trumps first 100 days, and you will see that I routinely defended trump, against other forum posters, believing that he should be given the chance to govern, vs being canned for his orangeness.... my opinions on his administration where formed as a consequence of his administration, not on political ideals

anyway.... until other individuals nominate themselves, and unveil their plans for the future, should they win, naming names is pointless, as it’s not about names, but about policies

besides, in seeking a specific name, all you will do is point out their faults, whilst ignoring trumps faults... faults so great that he’s made America a laughing stock, bringing it into international disrepute, wether you like it or not.

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I have an advanced copy of the speech - "Me mememememememememememememememmemememememeemememememmememe. Bigley . Memememememememmememememememememmemememememememememmemememememe and French Fries, many, many French Fries.' ????

Yes, perhaps it may sound like this?

"My fellow Americans. The state of the Union. It is in a mess, a very big mess, a great big beautiful mess, a bigger mess than any other President has made, and it's all down to me! This mess means that I can't drain the swamp, lock her up, build that wall, er barrier, er fence, er whatever, answer any questions or show any tax returns. That is a great thing, a very great thing, a beautiful thing. Anyway, it's me, only me, I made it. No other President could make a mess like this!

I have "supersized" it, just like the White House catering.

Good night folks, and would you like fries with that?"

45 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I forgot about this one. Admittedly it's from that left-leaning globalist source otherwise known as Fox News but according to their poll 47 percent of the electorate say they definitely won't vote for Trump and another 8 percent say they probably won't. That's a total of 55%. It's on page 10:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-document-12-12-18

45 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I forgot about this one. Admittedly it's from that left-leaning globalist source otherwise known as Fox News but according to their poll 47 percent of the electorate say they definitely won't vote for Trump and another 8 percent say they probably won't. That's a total of 55%. It's on page 10:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-document-12-12-18

That's all very well, but how will the electoral college vote?

24 minutes ago, JAG said:

That's all very well, but how will the electoral college vote?

The three states that narrowly went for Trump in 2016 are now solidly against him.  Illinois has seem the biggest swing from pro to anti, with a 31 point swing away from Trump.

1895144557_bluewall.JPG.6ac4472da3b57605ff6de8564343f76e.JPG

In fact he's underwater in every single state: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-trumps-popularity-is-holding-up-by-state/

The three states that narrowly went for Trump in 2016 are now solidly against him.  Illinois has seem the biggest swing from pro to anti, with a 31 point swing away from Trump.

In fact he's underwater in every single state: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-trumps-popularity-is-holding-up-by-state/
If he makes it to 2020 there is the potential he could suffer a landslide loss. That would be lovely. There is some chatter now of even a credible primary challenge from Gov. Hogan of Maryland. Popular anti "trump" republican governor in a very blue state. The republicans would be smart to primary "trump" but not such great news for the democrats.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, helpisgood said:

As an alternative, Trump could go to the Kremlin instead.  And maybe, he then will finally get him his hotel in Moscow. 

“The State of The (soviet) Union is great now that I have sent America into a downward tailspin and deprived it of friends and allies. You are welcome, Vlad”

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Would be entertaining to hear/see how he would outdo Archie Bunker.

5 hours ago, attrayant said:

You still following old Nate?

Nate Silver Clinton Trump 80 20 .png

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:
You still following old Nate?

Is there some particular reason I shouldn’t?

No matter who wins the presidential election, Nate Silver was right

There’s still hours of voting yet to go before we begin to find out who our next president will be. But this much we can be sure of: Nate Silver was right.

If Donald Trump wins, Silver, the number-crunching genius behind the popular website FiveThirtyEight, called it [saying that] that Hillary Clinton is “one state away from potentially losing the electoral college.”

Also: Nate Silver: Trump a 'Narrow Favorite to Win Electoral College', while Clinton could easily win the popular vote.

So yeah, I think I'll continue following "Old Nate".

Jingthing better duck Donald’s response is not allowing Nancy to visit the troops overseas just the kind of move I would expect from a little bitch boy atta boy Donald looks really really presidential lol no wonder the world is laughing at us 

10 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:
  19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The twitter troll queen at 1600 Pennsylvania must be boiling over the top now. Still no tweet storm response to the honorable Speaker Pelosi's bold move here. When he blows, he blows. Duck!

10 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

trump_pelosi_letter.jpg

So.... @Jingthing was spot on the money..... good call that

Archived