Knee Replacement surgery questions.

thainet

Sometime soon I will need full knee replacement. So a few questions that hopefully can be answered by people that have had the surgery already with their personal experiences.

-how many days in hospital after the surgery

-how soon does hospital rehab start, and what pain medication given

-how long on crutches before hobbling

-how long to fully walk

-how long before you could drive

-I presume exercise such as 'exercise bike' would help--when could that start

Also those people that had the surgery in Thailand, did your insurance fully cover (ie: Bupa, AIA, Pac Cross etc).

Also I would think the fitter you are going into the surgery would help recovery???

Thanks in advance for your stories and comments.

i had both knees replaced in 2011, 3months apart, they did the left knee first.in the U.S. medicare took care of it and only cost me $800.00usd.

surgery done on monday. tuesday up and walking with a walker.

tuesday afternoon transfered to a rehab. facility. was there for 3weeks.

exercises twice a day and automatic knee exerciser when in bed.

after that went home. i am single so i had to drive to get food. used a walker for about a week, after that just walked.

same thing with my second surgery, but shorter stay at rehab. as i strengthened my right leg when doing physical therapy for the left. 10days rehab.

minimal pain.

started at a physical therapy facility, with exercise and pool. went 3 times a week. i still use the pool here every day to exercise my knees, walk forward and backwards 3/4to 1hour

minimal pain on both surgeries.

all i will say is you must attack physical therapy with an open and aggressive positive attitude.

Archived