How to catch a King Cobra with your bare hands - not showboating says snake catcher in Krabi

webfact

How to catch a King Cobra with your bare hands - not showboating says snake catcher

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A snake catcher in Krabi told the media he was not showboating after catching a five meter long King Cobra with his bare hands. 

He didn't want to harm the animal and was keen to show how to safely handle a snake. 

Videos shared to social media showed Suthee Naewhat, 37, managing to extricate the snake from a pile of wood and concrete next to the house of Sakda Srimat, 60, in Nong Talay, Muang Krabi in Thailand's south. 

Suthee, who works for the Ao Nang municipal authority, then showed on a grassy area more clearly how to catch a King Cobra with bare hands. The secret was not to harm the snake, he said.

The 10 kilogram snake was bagged and later returned to nature after the incident on Tuesday. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-17

I know at least twenty or thirty members who would do better than him.                                                              It's well known. They are much braver than the Thais who are all only a bunch of cowards

48 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I know at least twenty or thirty members who would do better than him.                                                              It's well known. They are much braver than the Thais who are all only a bunch of cowards

Don't count me to those members.... if i see a snake like that I make sure i am gone. That snake was huge.

40 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

By the way, you were not on this list anyway :biggrin: 

Just telling you in case you wanted me to go up against a snake like that.. id be gone for sure.

I am lucky i never saw anything like that here. Gf saw a snake in the park in front of our house. So far I have never seen one ever and I like to keep it that way.

The guy is using a trick i use with fishing too.. standing behind the snake and holding it in front of him making it appear bigger. Still its a big snake. 

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just telling you in case you wanted me to go up against a snake like that.. id be gone for sure.

I am lucky i never saw anything like that here. Gf saw a snake in the park in front of our house. So far I have never seen one ever and I like to keep it that way.

The guy is using a trick i use with fishing too.. standing behind the snake and holding it in front of him making it appear bigger. Still its a big snake. 

Not sure it's a "trick" because if standing behind the snake seems to work, not sure standing in front of the snake would be clever?:smile:

12 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Not sure it's a "trick" because if standing behind the snake seems to work, not sure standing in front of the snake would be clever?:smile:

It sure is clever, and I would do it too (if I ever dared to touch a snake like that), but it does optically make the snake look bigger. (I am not saying its a small snake its huge) 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

It sure is clever, and I would do it too (if I ever dared to touch a snake like that), but it does optically make the snake look bigger. (I am not saying its a small snake its huge) 

I understood perfectly, I was joking. I also understood  what you meant with the fish, fishermen being the same world over:biggrin:

hugeone1.jpg

When I went to the Snake Farm in Bangkok, their King Cobra is huge.  I only saw part of it as it was stretched out amid plants and such but it was massive... would've liked to see the whole thing stretched out (from far away, lol)... this one gives me a bit of an idea of what it may be like, though I think it may be bigger yet than this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived