Advice wanted - trying to become a teacher

oskar55

16 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Yes, but it is more of an American English expression. Anyway, how we talk online is much different from how we talk in the classroom or boardroom, n'est-ce pas?

"...how we talk online is much different from how we talk in the classroom..."

Is it?  How do you know how the OP talks in the classroom (assuming that he's ever been in one as a teacher!).

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Is it?  How do you know how the OP talks in the classroom (assuming that he's ever been in one as a teacher!).

Do you have a habit of making mountains out of molehills? I've been an ESL teacher for twenty years and I have used nonstandard English in the classroom. Students should and need to hear all kinds of English because one day they may, gasp, speak with someone who uses slang or unusual pronunciation. Learning English isn't just for passing tests. Or so I've read on this site ad nauseum. Why don't you hope off your high horse and get into a classroom there senpai.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, Just Weird said:

"gonna"?

Are you planning to try to teach English?

This is nuthin for teachers in LOS, so eye aint even sweatin it.

there are a zillion teachers from the Philippines who are great people but make many way more more many way more mistakes than sayin gonna.

and the drunk teachers who complain.

if this kid is excited, he's 99% there.

yes, that means there is a bigger problem when being excited gets you 99% there.  but for another thread.....late late late im out out  

word

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, Just Weird said:

Cos' he's an Americaan and will spend every class he teaches condemning the founders of the language

Archived