BANGKOK 20 June 2019 07:52
chrisandsu

Ban Chang improvements

Bar soi has a new restaurant now. The Orchid run by Yoyo. Reports are the Thai food is good and also western menu not bad so time will tell. Oh and you may see a familiar farang face there as a PR man for the place.

4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I was told yesterday by a construction supervisor at the site next to the school/wat the site will be a HomePro

a PEA supervisor said he attended the site to advise re electric for a mega home, so 2  for a DIY store,  1 for a hotel,

31 minutes ago, steve187 said:

a PEA supervisor said he attended the site to advise re electric for a mega home, so 2  for a DIY store,  1 for a hotel,

It will be a something for sure!!

3 hours ago, LennyW said:

It will be a something for sure!!

A MEGA 7/11 could be on the cards

• Haha 1

^Thailand loves to chuck out the "mega-project" terminology. It thinks lots of big construction projects, however useless, makes them sophisticated and first-world. Having a lot of construction magnates in charge of political bases, hardly discourages this. A lot of them won't be happy until the country is covered with concrete and plastic bags.

It would be nice if there was a plan to build a park, recreation, or sports centre facility locally, to give kids an outlet away from online gaming shops and casual drug abuse, but not holding my breath.

w-Banksy-ParkSwing-Flickr-JulieFaith.jpg

• Like 2

People in any doubt about what is going to happen around Ban Chang should follow a few articles like this…..

“Projects to be launched next year include improvements to roads linking Laem Chabang port and U-tapao airport, a Map Ta Phut port expansion and development of highways in the three EEC provinces.”

https://lakelandobserver.com/somkid-says-2018-marks-turning-point/528903/

So now Rainbow and old Beaver bar locations are a Mini Big C and soon a Thaiwatsadu will open,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyone know the open date for Thaiwatsadu? I need something and don't want to drive to Hardware House

On 3/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, huangnon said:

It would be nice if there was a plan to build a park, recreation, or sports centre

Thailand doesn't seem to focus or have much interest in such things.

7 hours ago, longball53098 said:

So now Rainbow and old Beaver bar locations are a Mini Big C and soon a Thaiwatsadu will open,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyone know the open date for Thaiwatsadu? I need something and don't want to drive to Hardware House

May 24

7 hours ago, longball53098 said:

this thread reminds me of the cartoon of someone looking at an ever increasing circle on the ground which in the end turns out to be the shadow of a massive falling rock.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

If you are discussing the Ban Chang Watsadu I was in it last Monday 13 May.

Did you get any bargains, or do you have to wait till it officially opens on the 24th?

Edited by LennyW

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

Did you get any bargains, or do you have to wait till it officially opens on the 24th?

Don't know about bargains but if you're a banchangian then surely saving the cost of gas driving to patts or rayong will come into it.

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Don't know about bargains but if you're a banchangian then surely saving the cost of gas driving to patts or rayong will come into it.

I can just walk across the road from my work 🙂