Thai massage set to be declared "World Heritage" - must not be an excuse for prostitution

webfact

Thai massage set to be declared "World Heritage" - must not be an excuse for prostitution

S__30695554-768x576.jpg

Picture: INN

The authorities in Bangkok are determined to stop Thai massage shops being associated with prostitution. 

They want to declare Thai massage - in its "traditional" form - as an example of "World Cultural Heritage".

With this in mind Dr Patraphon Jeungsomjetphaisan and Thong Lor police were out investigating massage shops in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok yesterday. 

Dr Patraphon, who heads the public health arm of the Prosecution Affairs Institute, told the assembled press that he believes at least 50 massage shops in the capital are just fronts for prostitution - not the cultural wonder he wants to promote. 

But after seeing ads on websites and the Line app that promised "attractive girls and pretties" the city wide raids did not go quite as planned.

In Sukhumvit Soi 35 a whole line of massage shops had got wind of the cops' arrival and shut up for the day. 

The raiding party fared better in Soi 24 but there were still no reports of arrests in the INN story. But at least the massage shops were open for business. 

Dr Patraphon put a brave face on the operation as he was pictured with smiling Thong Lor cops. He said that there were at least 50 shops in Bangkok that were not traditional massage places but dens of prostitution. 

He has targeted Sukhumvit, Silom, Prachacheun, Phayathai and Wang Thong Lang for his clean-up crusade. 

He said Thai masseuses and masseurs should have permits and where they work should also have the necessary licences.

He told INN that plans are afoot this year to declare Thai Massage as a "moradok loke" or "world cultural heritage" tradition. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-17

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What's next: World Heritage status for Russian Roulette or French Kissing?

Yes it really does seem odd and unnecessary

Especially when i have an aging toenail that could easily be awarded such status

14 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

To complete the wholesome and virtuous international image for Thailand I nominate Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy for Heritage status. And in Pattaya, Walking Street and Soi 6. 

Going by the advanced ages of many of the 'patrons' wouldn't Hernia Status be nearer the mark for those bastions of whatever?

????????????

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Would not have a Thai massage if it was free, the last one nearly crippled me. Far too many unqualified doing it.

True on the qualification bit.
I have found it best to go with my wife and let her check a place out, as she is certified herself, though unable to herself do much anymore because of a deteriorating cervical disk. ????
We have established a relationship with one of the shops in the village, and they know what we each need, and are very good at it.
We went to a shop on a visit to Ho Chi Min City,  and the "masseuses" were not even able to pretend! ???? 

a photo i took of a sign next to the massage bed at a massage shop in Chiang Mai.

i took the photo because the girl had spend 45 minutes of the hour massage trying to convince me to have sex with her.

i just thought it was sort of funny.

20181121_230328.jpg

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Dr Patraphon, who heads the public health arm of the Prosecution Affairs Institute, told the assembled press that he believes at least 50 massage shops in the capital are just fronts for prostitution - not the cultural wonder he wants to promote.

He's obviously wrong.

Every time the BIB have a crackdown (pun intended) it's followed by a statement that there is no prostitution in Thailand.

17 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

a photo i took of a sign next to the massage bed at a massage shop in Chiang Mai.

i took the photo because the girl had spend 45 minutes of the hour massage trying to convince me to have sex with her.

i just thought it was sort of funny.

20181121_230328.jpg

Perhaps you are just tooooo irresistible.

The answer is simple. Trained, licensed shops should be designated "Traditional Thai Massage".

All others should be referred to as massage (of whatever type) but can not suggest Thai Massage in their name or promotional efforts.

Why does Thailand try to have everything associated to World Heritage? I would almost go to the point to think that if the self appointed leader could have Coups under the Cultural Military tradition that keeps on being passed down as declared World Heritage, then they probably would. 

It's important to spend weeks, maybe years in Pattaya to search for illegal acts by women.  I have been there and did not see ONE woman who might do sexual acts for money.  I do believe they exist there, however.  If you look very carefully, maybe you can find.  

is it possible to close an entire city?

99.999% of all foreigners are here for one thing.  Fine them 300,000 baht and jail time, then things will change

what will change?  The Thai baht will go to 10,000 for one Euro.  LOL

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Why does Thailand try to have everything associated to World Heritage? I would almost go to the point to think that if the self appointed leader could have Coups under the Cultural Military tradition that keeps on being passed down as declared World Heritage, then they probably would. 

Maybe they would settle for Traditional Thai Government, Coup-Style.

TTGCS

Archived