Thai massage set to be declared "World Heritage" - must not be an excuse for prostitution

webfact

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Would not have a Thai massage if it was free, the last one nearly crippled me. Far too many unqualified doing it.

I met my wife in a (legitimate) massage spa in Egypt. She underwent 6 months training in Traditional Thai massage and has, to date 15 years experience.

Both she and I completely agree with your comment. The standard in just about every massage parlor that we have tried is abysmal. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webfact said:

He told INN that plans are afoot this year to declare Thai Massage as a "moradok loke" or "world cultural heritage" tradition. 

Under whose authority?

Based on what criteria?

Is this recognised elsewhere?

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

a photo i took of a sign next to the massage bed at a massage shop in Chiang Mai.

i took the photo because the girl had spend 45 minutes of the hour massage trying to convince me to have sex with her.

i just thought it was sort of funny.

20181121_230328.jpg

Did you decline the 'offer'?

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

a photo i took of a sign next to the massage bed at a massage shop in Chiang Mai.

i took the photo because the girl had spend 45 minutes of the hour massage trying to convince me to have sex with her.

i just thought it was sort of funny.

20181121_230328.jpg

Prostitution implies "reward of sexual favours in exchange for money".

Perhaps she was offering you a freebie..?

1 hour ago, neeray said:

The answer is simple. Trained, licensed shops should be designated "Traditional Thai Massage".

All others should be referred to as massage (of whatever type) but can not suggest Thai Massage in their name or promotional efforts.

Far too sensible, and fair.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Would not have a Thai massage if it was free, the last one nearly crippled me. Far too many unqualified doing it.

That's true for just about any Thai service. 1 in 1000 may know what they are doing and as Murphy's law would have it, once you find a good one, next week they're gone to be nuns or monks in a temple. All hope is lost.

2 hours ago, puukao said:

It's important to spend weeks, maybe years in Pattaya to search for illegal acts by women.  I have been there and did not see ONE woman who might do sexual acts for money.  I do believe they exist there, however.  If you look very carefully, maybe you can find.  

is it possible to close an entire city?

99.999% of all foreigners are here for one thing.  Fine them 300,000 baht and jail time, then things will change

what will change?  The Thai baht will go to 10,000 for one Euro.  LOL

That's a very high percentage!  My foreign colleagues, friends and I working here must be missing something then! 

This man must walk around with his head up his ass

its more like 20,000 massage shops that are fronts for the obvious 

anc 50 shops are genuine 

i wonder how these men can have such a important job 

????????????????????????

3 hours ago, neeray said:

The answer is simple. Trained, licensed shops should be designated "Traditional Thai Massage".

All others should be referred to as massage (of whatever type) but can not suggest Thai Massage in their name or promotional efforts.

Nowadays, the new rules of the Ministry of Public Health dictate this. And anyway in Chiang Mai several salons are checked by undercover policemen. Several salons are closed in the last couple of months. 

By the way, a salon with a sign like "no prostitution" most of the time offers prostitution. How younger the staff, the more chance this happens. 

75592.png

75589.png

cetificaat.jpg

"... got wind of the cops' arrival and shut up for the day..." 

Got wind from the Thong Lor brown idiots, no doubt. The very same Thong Lor brown idiots who get a monthly 'salary' from these massage parlours. These massages parlours have to be kept alive, for their closure would mean one less revenue stream for Thong Lor's legalised crooks. Didn't even leave crumbs for Dr Patraphon Jeungsomjetphaisan to pick up. 

Archived