Thai massage set to be declared "World Heritage" - must not be an excuse for prostitution

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

old the assembled press that he believes at least 50 massage shops in the capital are just fronts for prostitution

I think that figure might be nearer 5,000 maybe that's a conservative number

They must think we're all idiots and believe this trash..

50 shops who's he trying to kid??

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Would not have a Thai massage if it was free, the last one nearly crippled me. Far too many unqualified doing it.

Then do a bit of work and find the qualified ones and learn that it is one of the most exhilarating and refreshing experiences when performed properly. You are missing out on something precious . The older ladies for a start ,not some pretty little girl in a skimpy dress ... 

"In Sukhumvit Soi 35 a whole line of massage shops had got wind of the cops' arrival and shut up for the day. " - So all those happy ending passage shops on Sukhukvit 33 all stayed open then? I never knew there were happy ending shops on the soi that runs next door to EmQuartier shopping mall.

26 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

The girls get upset if you don’t want the 

Special at the end. 

For just about every massage shop in a 5km radius around my village, the girls get upset if you don't 'tip' well after a massage as extras are always on offer. If this is just so true and relevant in village massage shops, I cannot imagine the real numbers in a mega city like Bangkok.  

really, but you are right a lot of good work by good girls, BUT out numbered a Million to one by the Bad girls, sorry but a fact AND the real bad guys for Bad massage are Thai men, who visit thier favorite massage and girl every week, and you will not see a single farang in these places.

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Would not have a Thai massage if it was free, the last one nearly crippled me. Far too many unqualified doing it.

What nearly crippled you, the massage or the happy ending

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Quite agree, last traditional Thai massage (nuat phaen boraan) I had was in Chiang Mai in 1986. Still recovering. As for the more up-to-date version....

I have a legitimate Thai massage about twice a week, one hour. A guy in his late thirties who knows what he is doing. Very helpful in ironing the kinks out after golf, and warding off leg cramps, which I have been prone to.

It's not difficult to find a legitimate Thai massage shop. They are usually close to or in temple grounds, and are staffed by a mixture of men and older women.

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"In Sukhumvit Soi 35 a whole line of massage shops had got wind of the cops' arrival and shut up for the day. " - So all those happy ending passage shops on Sukhukvit 33 all stayed open then? I never knew there were happy ending shops on the soi that runs next door to EmQuartier shopping mall.

I didn't neither!Went for a stroll around that square where the Royal Oak pub is..full of Japanese eating places and thought I'd go and have one of those Japanese massages and give it a go.Walks in and a couple of good lookers sitting there so told the receptionist I'd like the 'works'!Next thing she calls out and out comes this four foot four pygmy..had hands on it like shovels and looked like she'd swallowed a wasps nest!The next 90 minutes was a <deleted> nightmare..she must have 'chicken winged' me at least a dozen times,banged her elbows(and hands) into every orifice I didn't know existed..then charged me 1200 baht for the privilege...talk about getting the wrong end of the pineapple!Was nearly crying when I went for a pint at the Robin Hood afterwards!

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Exactly, how decent place you go, without squeezing them, they cannot. ????

Yoda, is that you? 

1 hour ago, sydneyjed said:

Walks in and a couple of good lookers sitting there so told the receptionist I'd like the 'works'!Next thing she calls out and out comes this four foot four pygmy..

When you said works, they thought you were asking for one of the ewoks - they usually stay in the back. 

Archived