Thai massage set to be declared "World Heritage" - must not be an excuse for prostitution

webfact

Crude posts, offensive posts, uncouth posts, inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed.  Unfortunately there are many more that should be removed, if that happened, there wouldn't be anything of this topic.  Please keep it civil and out of the gutter. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Trevor Collins said:

If you want to clean up the massage industry, first find the cop who tipped off the the massage parlour owners that there was a raid planned and sack him/her.

Note the police station / jurisdiction where the tipoff spoiled their intended "raid."  Hardly a surprise.

They can't even catch a Ferrari driving cop killer in that particular jurisdiction.

What these silly efforts fail to acknowledge is that the majority of these massage shop attendants are happy to be bought for a fairly low sum. 

You can go into most any shop in Thailand and with the right girl and a few thousand Baht, she'll do almost anything. It's always about the money, I'm told. 

same as a public office is not an excuse of corruption 

or a police job is not an excuse of corruption 

or a general is not an excuse of cup a country 

go after the poor as they always do ,no wonder they are unable to win an election .

On 1/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, webfact said:

Dr Patraphon put a brave face on the operation as he was pictured with smiling Thong Lor cops. He said that there were at least 50 shops in Bangkok that were not traditional massage places but dens of prostitution.

Only 50? Add 2 more zeros on the end of that number.

Been visiting since '98 and at the time nearly every shop or hotel in BKK and Pattaya and Chiang Mai and Udonthani extras were offered, though mostly simple artistic handiwork. These days I can visit a range of shops (haven't been to Bangkok in years) in Pattaya and elsewhere and be given no more than a relaxing and adequate massage. Sure, I know a couple places where you can go for more, but where once beauties were found everywhere now I fear landing a dragon. I prefer getting to know a few darlings and take my boring business to them.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, webfact said:

The authorities in Bangkok are determined to stop Thai massage shops being associated with prostitution.

Then the powers to be should declared Karaoke Bars to be World Cultural Heritage sites as the proportion of Foreigner targeted 'prostitution' in massage shops is a drop in the bucket compared to the Thai male targeted prostitution in venues such as karaoke, whiskey bars, and shower massages. 
Legit "Thai Massage" is truly wonderful is given by an experience practitioner.  The problem being that most 'Thai Massage' shops don't have staff that are proficient in much of any type of massage technique that doesn't require brisk vertical motion for a substantial 'tip' that is beyond stupid.  I no longer frequent any place other than those that are normally used by Thais, and not necessarily Thai men, but by Thai women who actually want a real, traditional Thai Massage.

3 hours ago, chubby said:

den's the word

Many long time Bangkok denizens were rather charmed by it's aura as a den of iniquity.

Always nice to see good cop Claude Rains again. A reminder of so many massage and gin joints here, where one departs with the feeling this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship... 

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Always nice to see good cop Claude Rains again. A reminder of so many massage and gin joints here, where one departs with the feeling this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship... 

I used to have some good female friends who worked in regular BKK massage shops, back from my original days as a tourist and early days as a resident.

Now many years later, my actual friends have gone away to other things, but some of the other ladies who were working in the shops then are STILL working in the shops now -- more than a decade later.

It seems to me, at least at the "regular" massage shops (meaning extras optional), as opposed to the explicit sex for sale ones, there's been a considerable graying of the staffs.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, jmccarty said:

That's a very high percentage!  My foreign colleagues, friends and I working here must be missing something then! 

or they are lying to you.  i've met a ton of people who act very good and then head off to the bars late at night.  i'm sure 99.99999999% of everyone you know has had serious discussions with a girl who is offering services.  and 99.99% has done more than talk.  lol

On 1/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, madmen said:

What's the big deal anyway. Happy ending doesn't offend anyone. I don't even consider it cheating.. It's not like I'm going to buy her flowers and take her out for dinner afterwards

you don't consider it cheating?  so your future wife can play with 100,000 guys with her hands and you will still pay for everything and be super happy?  at exactly what point is it cheating to you?  let's debate this on your facebook page. lol.  because then you will be singing a different tune, i'm sure.  

you don't consider it cheating?  so your future wife can play with 100,000 guys with her hands and you will still pay for everything and be super happy?  at exactly what point is it cheating to you?  let's debate this on your facebook page. lol.  because then you will be singing a different tune, i'm sure.  
I think your figure of 100k is a tad on the high side. I would know she was cheating by the sudden and dramatic increase of her right [emoji123] bicep

the very use of Thai Massage is seen as how it implies

all they have to do is 'archive' the term, and

reinforce all massage joints are to be renamed as Ancient Massage

- sure ain't no slap'n'tickle going on,

when all that's on your mind, is:  'will I survive this torture?" image.jpeg.d31b7d556fb4147a916aa5a043657906.jpeg

Archived