BANGKOK 22 February 2019 06:44
webfact

Bangkok's toxic smog: "Life Coach" says masks are pointless - try mind over matter

72000 followers, can you imagine how stupid they are

• Haha 2

Yes its the old mind over matter - they don't mind, you don't matter.

I guess its the latest offshoot of those following caveman science. Just close your eyes, whistle Dixie and everything will be fine. And then blame foreigners.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In a sense, she is correct. Most of the masks that people are wearing are utterly ineffective, since they are "loose" and do not force all of the air through the mask, but instead pull much of the air in from the open sides. Also, many masks are not capable of filtering PM2.5. She is also correct in stating that our minds have a significant influence on our general health.

That said, wearing a proper mask in this pollution is, without question, better for one's health.

• Like 2

What a fruitcake ( aren’t they all likewise 🤦🏻‍♂️ ) Her followers must be as thick as she is ( aren’t they all thick as wood ?! ) To think that a good 3m nose and mouth mask wouldn’t help or prevent the small particles to filter in one’s body.

She’s only somewhat correct about the stress that it may cause but if you just relax and breathe normally you may be able to survive another day in Bkk if you walk around..I wouldn’t endanger myself about driving though.

Best bet is to wear one of those gas masks, can you imagine ? Coming soon !

• Like 1

Nuts!

Following her logic, mind over matter should work against smoking then, because it's much the same thing.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok's toxic smog: "Life Coach" says masks are pointless - try mind over matter

By matter, I'm assuming she means particulate matter 2.5

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NE1 said:

What is a life coach ?

In Bangkok, it's a bus with an air filtration system and working brakes. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ramdas said:

What a fruitcake ( aren’t they all likewise 🤦🏻‍♂️ ) Her followers must be as thick as she is ( aren’t they all thick as wood ?! ) To think that a good 3m nose and mouth mask wouldn’t help or prevent the small particles to filter in one’s body.

She’s only somewhat correct about the stress that it may cause but if you just relax and breathe normally you may be able to survive another day in Bkk if you walk around..I wouldn’t endanger myself about driving though.

Best bet is to wear one of those gas masks, can you imagine ? Coming soon !

You're forgetting that if anything is posted on faeces book, or similar, it must be true.

Let me find the video I took of the 8 ft cobra that comes to my front door every morning to be hand fed.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead people should be concentrating on mind over matter.

If you don't have a mind it doesn't matter!

• Haha 1

Mind over matter, she says. 

That would be I don't mind and you don't matter. 

• Haha 2

More fake news and brainless twittery from the Thais on a serious problem -- bad, health-harming air pollution.

Just like yesterday's story about the bogus science of stuffing tissues into cheap drugstore/hospital type face masks...