Training School for Car Modification

SuYM

Hello Everybody!

Good Morning!

Since Thailand is very famous for car modification and their quality auto parts, may I check with you is there any Training School for Car Modification which foreigner can attend.

It'll be really helpful if you give their website too.

Thank you so much in advance.

Khob khun Mark Krab!

4 minutes ago, SuYM said:

wish we could have a chance to practice that why.

Most guys bought a car and practiced on that. Depending on our country of origin we subscribed to magazines like Cars and Car Conversions, Autosport, CAR magazine etc..

This was after aeromodeling or slot cars (Scalextric).

For cars you do really need space. Without that it is more difficult.

Find a car club that modifys cars in a way you would like to learn.

Drifting, drag racing, classics, etc

Go to one of their meetings. Find out if someone has a shop where you would be welcome to come and learn.

Beware of Visa issues while doing this.

Us old school guys would modify, blow it up, modify again, blow it up again, or crash it - depending.

No school back then. Lots of fun tho - rev to 7000, side step the clutch, scatter clutch disc all over the road. Had a piece slice off the toe of my cowboy boot one time. That is how I learned about Lakewood scatter shields.

8 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

No school back then. Lots of fun tho - rev to 7000, side step the clutch,

Never did that with small Euro engines. I think it would simply have stopped. We would gradually feed the clutch in while keeping the engine on the boil. Sometimes that lasted until it was time to snatch 2nd.

^^^ Never had the Torque, all small displacement engines.

Small block Chevy, tunnel ram, twin 600 Hollys, 12.5 to 1

Used to buy 115/145 AvGas from the airport so the thing would run with that compression ratio.

Changed a LOT of clutches, U-Joints, Trannys, Diffs. Got quite good at it. Had a chain on the LH side motor mount so the engine would not twist and rip the rubber stocker to pieces.

sbc.jpg

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

It was Stage 3 conversions ,wheel spacers, twin false exhaust , woodey steering wheel, rev counter, and a few other bits iv foregoten, SP 41 were the IN tyre back than.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

SP3's ...649 or 731 cam and a white rectangle on the unwashed door which showed the last number that was removed ...

14 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

SP3's ...649 or 731 cam and a white rectangle on the unwashed door which showed the last number that was removed ...

Yes , Dunlop SP3 Herring Bone Tyres, we used them in Snow, you could put carbide tips in them. I think thats a Cooper Cam, we were all Fords n Opals, and those Helphos Windsceen sucker Lamps that melted the ice fast. Memories.!!. Oscar Driving Lamps ,at least 4, then a bigger alternator from a Breakers Yard. Getting disgusted Looks from Grandpa, now i so the same.

Archived