BANGKOK 19 February 2019 07:53
webfact

British Lotus cars to be 'Made in China' at new Geely plant: documents

Does it come with bangers and mash and mushy peas?

I can see a possible problem with having the pedals on the left and the steering wheel on the right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JAG said:

That would suit Best Beloved, she is always telling me when to change gear...

Fit a steering wheel in the back for "Little Miss JAG", she likes to join in with the instructions as well!

😁

On a serious note, some of those kiddies steering wheels, cheap ones, have a metal rod in the column. It will skewer anything that hits it in an accident.

• Like 1

This could become a life line for the hethel factory as a centre of excellence for. Geeley and an opportunity for them to be able to supply cars into the UK  which may not be a totally bad thing. After all India company Tata owners of Land rover are now building in China. Geeley also owns a large share of proton so has an interesting base there too . ..   As Volvo is also owned by Chinese there are interesting interesting times ahead!

• Like 1

The MG brand is already produced in China so why not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

In UK Lotus is said to stand for Loads of trouble usually serious.

Chinese QC is of a questionable standard. 

I'll say no more. 😆😆

The anti Asian stuff never gets old does it. 😁

chin.PNG

• Haha 1

Just now, marcusarelus said:

The anti Asian stuff never gets old does it. 😁

chin.PNG

You've obviously never worked with a chinese fabrication company.

Most if not all contracts placed with Korean companies by Oz, US and UK client companies have a stipulation that 'no material shall be supplied by or from China.'

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You've obviously never worked with a chinese fabrication company.

Most if not all contracts placed with Korean companies by Oz, US and UK client companies have a stipulation that 'no material shall be supplied by or from China.'

I have and it's a little more complicated than you you stipulate.  But wait and see?  Do you really think you know more about the car assembly business than Lotus?  If you are prepared to supervise purchasing and production and hire the right people you'll get a decent product. And you won't have to worry about buying material in Europe.😁

Edited by marcusarelus

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

And going by your posted photograph you are an astronaut?

I've been on contracts that used chinese workers and chinese supplied stainless steel, all certified material, from China, that was rusting through before the job was completed.

Supplied from China pre-fabricated sections, all with signed off documentation on dimensional control etc from China, that required lots of re-work to get them to fit properly. In some cases they had to be scrapped and made again.

So I am aware what standards of Quality Control are worth from China.

So is Lotus.  😁

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

And going by your posted photograph you are an astronaut?

I've been on contracts that used chinese workers and chinese supplied stainless steel, all certified material, from China, that was rusting through before the job was completed.

Supplied from China pre-fabricated sections, all with signed off documentation on dimensional control etc from China, that required lots of re-work to get them to fit properly. In some cases they had to be scrapped and made again.

So I am aware what standards of Quality Control are worth from China.

It's one thing for Chinese exporters to cheat foreigners. Seems dubious that steel producerst are going to mess with a domestic gargantua like Geely.