Money exchange interrogation

Virtualrecluse

I just changed a couple of hundred thousand baht into euros at an exchange bureau. I had to fill out a form stating occupation, workplace and reason for transaction and was asked whether I had spent a long time in Thailand. Since I am not even attempting to depart the country right now i.e. going through customs, I would like to know why all that was necessary. Is there something irregular or illegal about what I did?

4 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

SuperRich will exchange maximum 800,000 THB to foreign currencies per transaction/passport/day no question ask. You will need to show only your passport.

Must admit, if I owned a money exchange business I would be taking more time to verify that any amount over 50k was not counterfeit, stolen or whatever, and the more info you get at the point of sale the more chance you have of customs apprehending someone if theres a subsequent problem

Must admit, if I owned a money exchange business I would be taking more time to verify that any amount over 50k was not counterfeit, stolen or whatever, and the more info you get at the point of sale the more chance you have of customs apprehending someone if theres a subsequent problem

All you can get is identification. The rest is so easily smoke blah blah.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived