Next apple software update doesn't support Excel/ Word

ghworker2010

A few days ago I logged onto my MacBook pro and a message was displayed along the lines that the next software update would not support my Excel and word etc. It was something in relation to the migration to 64 bit technology and how it affects 32 bit applications. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

If I do the update and then buy a new excel / word app.... will I be able to then open old excel spreadsheets? Its a royal pain in the ass if I can do this.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

And depending on the features you require in Excel, there are options such as OpenOffice or Libre that can open and save Word and Excel documents. I use Numbers and OpenOffice regularly at my job, working with Word and Excel documents provided by clients, with no trouble.

You can also use Apples Numbers, KeyNote and Pages in most cases instead of Office, It's free very compatible and can export to office format if you need.

If you buy a new Office make sure you buy a stand alone copy that is yours. and not a subscription so you have to pay over and over.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, Eaglekott said:

You can also use Apples Numbers, KeyNote and Pages in most cases instead of Office, It's free very compatible and can export to office format if you need.

If you buy a new Office make sure you buy a stand alone copy that is yours. and not a subscription so you have to pay over and over. 

"stand alone copy that is yours. and not a subscription so you have to pay over and over."

Wise idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived