Overstay 16 years

42 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

How did he get a new passport, 6 years ago, with a 10 year overstay?

Transferring your original entry stamp to the new passport would not have been possible. However, there is nothing I know of in any country's rules for issuing new passports that states you must be in conformance with other countries' immigration laws.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not hard to do. Embassies do not care about a person being on an overstay. It is not their responsibility to check for it when accepting an application for one.

How would a person leave the country without a valid passport if they refused to issue one?

Actually, I know of a person for whom a Scandinavian embassy refuses to issue a passport (the old one expired). For this reason, this person is stuck in a European country.

So it DOES happen.

9 minutes ago, gilo said:

I did precisely that with an 11 year overstay. At that time the applications were sent direct to the UK not Trendy. There was not an issue. One's immigration status is not their concern.

Think your first post was good advice to OP. On another aspect, since you have been in similar situation, how would you make your way to bkk airport. Given the op is in CM. Despite some advice in thread from very experienced members, I was wondering if taking big bus to bkk and transfer to airport better option? 

Dear, if you are having passport problems; best would be to contact your Honorary Consul in Lampang for issuing either a temporary passport for 1 months or 1 year; or an Emergency Travel Document ETD (if stolen or lost documents).

Is not expensive and legal. Advise to contact your Consul first to make an appointment.

Flight out from Chiang Mai by International flight on transit in the respective country before continue home to Belgium. Good luck

37 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The notice on Trat immigration site , state that for long overstays , a person will be presented before a judge

https://tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/

That would only happen if he is caught on the way to the airport (your link does not work).

If he goes through immigration at the airport they will not detain him. He pays the overstay fine, get a overstay and ban stamps and is allowed to leave the country.

image.png.de7058962dcc7cbb2a03d3870b4e3ea9.png

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

but doesn't that require a police report? Wouldn't the police verify identity with immigration?

From my own experience, They only require a police report. No verification with immigration. I lost my passport in a Sisaket hotel (five years ago. Technically it was not lost. I had an heated argument  with my gf and she took my passport and ran away to Bangkok). I immediately reported to the police station and they wrote a letter in Thai that the passport was lost. I took the letter to the US embassy and gave my old passport number (not sure if they checked in the computer or not) and told me to apply for a new passport. I think it took two weeks. Then to CW to transfer my Ed Visa, new departure card, and permitted to stamp in the passport. I still use the passport and it has a stamp in the back "It is a replacement passport for passport no. xxxxx"

Home country really does not care if you're overstayer, working illegally, or whatever. It is your freedom to do whatever you want. They are obligated to give you a passport in a foreign land no question asked. 

Edited by onera1961

6 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

This topic was started by Davide80 6 hours ago and he has not visited the site for over 5 hours !!

I was in middle of typing same comment. Hint might be in op namesake. Davide. Maybe..Divide.

Note, first post, and as you point out, zero feedback/info etc. So many comments re passport any zip from op. Joke. 

47 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

This topic was started by Davide80 6 hours ago and he has not visited the site for over 5 hours !!

He is a new member, maybe didn't expect the usual feeding frenzy that occurs whenever overstay or other hot immigration topics are mentioned.  16 years overstay I imagine he has a pretty quiet life somewhere out in the sticks maybe doesn't even have his own internet.

• Like 2