Video: Another loony Thai truck driver on the roads - motorist plans visit to the police

webfact

Video: Another loony Thai truck driver on the roads - motorist plans visit to the police

10pm_VI.jpg

A male Thai motorist posted dash cam footage of his experience in attempting to pass a truck/trailer late on Tuesday night. 

As the motorist attempts to pass for the first time lights flash on the side of the truck that veers right  then shifts back to the left.

As the motorist makes a second attempt to pass the trucker he repeats the dangerous move causing the motorist to have to brake sharply. 

An accident is narrowly averted in what appears to be a deliberate attempt to cause one. 

Pisit Chuenta went on Facebook to wonder why the trucker was so cross with him to do such a thing. It was the first time he had encountered such terrible trucker behavior, he said. 

He intended to go to the police with the footage and complain under Article 43. 

Already this week a trucker was filmed going the wrong way down a highway in broad daylight.

His response to a motorist who said it was dangerous was: So what?

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-17

40 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Rather "heroic" for the driver, of what looks to be a smallish passenger vehicle, to give a huge truck/trailer combo the (very irritating) "make way for me" flash.

Huh?  The motorist didn't flash until he was half-way alongside the trailer at which point the truck veered into his lane!  Nothing to do with a "make way for me attitude", much more like "take care, I'm alongside you and you're veering into me".

41 minutes ago, saigonsunset said:

Guy in the car is flashing his headlights to 'let others know he is coming'. Truck driver probbaly took ofence to that and I must say it is pretty <deleted> unnecessary, still no need to run him (car) of the road.

No, he wasn't doing that, he flashed once and only when when the truck that he was already half-alongside veered towards him.  Pretty 'kin necessary and reasonable in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Whats your problem with face book if that would have been posted on another media

would you complain too? Crawl back under your rock it is the 21th century

I love seeing what everyone has for breakfast on FB!

39 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Huh?  The motorist didn't flash until he was half-way alongside the trailer at which point the truck veered into his lane!  Nothing to do with a "make way for me attitude", much more like "take care, I'm alongside you and you're veering into me".

He flashed at 35 seconds into the video. Way before he was alongside.

54 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The truck driver was British I think, they never know what lane is which

21 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I love seeing what everyone has for breakfast on FB!

Now don't be selfish, make sure you post a selfie, letting people know how you're feeling, with multiple "emoji".  Maybe a cat or dog in the background as well.... (doesn't necessarily have to be yours) 

Loads of idiots drive that way on thai roads, currently there is hardly any space for anyone to drive on, it’s all taken up by these public dangers ! 

I risk my life every day on my scooter, I’m considering installing a camera on it just so I got enough evidence to make a documentary about animals driving vehicles but sadly as it’s been proven times and times again that Thai people get away with pretty much everything !!! I wish I was thai sometimes ( not literally ) Just so I can have so much freedom in this anarchist country, while the police is only focusing on westerners ????????

3 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

Loads of idiots drive that way on thai roads, currently there is hardly any space for anyone to drive on, it’s all taken up by these public dangers ! 

I risk my life every day on my scooter, I’m considering installing a camera on it just so I got enough evidence to make a documentary about animals driving vehicles but sadly as it’s been proven times and times again that Thai people get away with pretty much everything !!! I wish I was thai sometimes ( not literally ) Just so I can have so much freedom in this anarchist country, while the police is only focusing on westerners ????????

Just remember "me first"  syndrome.

2 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Whats your problem with face book if that would have been posted on another media

would you complain too? Crawl back under your rock it is the 21th century

Indeed. 

The reality is that Thaivisa in its latest incarnation could barely exist but for Facebook. 

Rooster

In the US is it quite common for professional truckers to flash briefly as a warning that they are about to overtake. Most truckers appreciate it when four wheeled vehicles also do it, and will give a flash to let the overtaker know when it is safe to return to the travel lane, and/or as thanks.
Driving courtesy, from reading some of the posts here, is not a mystery only in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Indeed. 

The reality is that Thaivisa in its latest incarnation could barely exist but for Facebook. 

Rooster

Photographs of people doing stupid things and what they had for lunch and where must be world shattering news in some peoples worlds.

A male Thai motorist posted dash cam footage of his experience in attempting to pass a truck/trailer late on Tuesday night. 

Oh dear he didn't get past. Ego suffered damage now he has to do something.  Usually they don't accelerate past anyway the just insinuate their way past just slow enough to inconvenience the vehicle being passed.

Archived