Man charged in plot to attack White House with anti-tank rocket

webfact

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

It seems Trump haters will only be happy when there's another 9/11 or the USA experiences an atrocity like the Manchester Arena and the London bombings, the Paris massacre or the Nice lorry rampage.

They might change their tune then but it's unlikely because their hatred of their president is stronger that any fear they may have of a terrorist attack.

Short memories.

That's an unfounded inflammatory accusation that is obviously false. Obviously wishing for something like that would be pure evil but it doesn't even make any Machiavellian sense, dude! Any kind of crisis caused by a large attack like that would strengthen any president and anti-"trump" people definitely do NOT want him strengthened. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Better the dude ended up trying to buy his anti tank rocket from the FBI (which had disabled all the weapons it was showing the guy), vs. him actually finding his way to buy and use a real working one from somewhere...

I can assure you its virtually impossible to obtain an Anti Tank rocket on the commercial market in the US absent:

1. Obtaining permission to aquire one under extremely limited circumstances (Ie, Research, T&E) with unbelievable vetting.

2. Stealing one directly or stealing one with a crooked Military source. 

3. Smuggling one over a border.

Sorry to disabuse you of the Hollywood thing. Its a good thing potential Terrs are stupid and dont realize that if someone is showing them an Anti Tank Rocket, they are getting set up.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I can assure you its virtually impossible to obtain an Anti Tank rocket on the commercial market in the US absent:

1. Obtaining permission to aquire one under extremely limited circumstances (Ie, Research, T&E) with unbelievable vetting.

Sorry to disabuse you of the Hollywood thing. Its a good thing potential Terrs are stupid and dont realize that if someone is showing them an Anti Tank Rocket, they are getting set up.

I never said anything about "the commercial market"

I said ,"from somewhere,"...

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Is there any info on where this islamic terrorist was born? Every article just states a "man from Georgia" . Normally we get some background on the terrorist, why not in this case. If indeed he was born abroad and came to the US illegally over the southern border or some refugee program I want to hear about it too

So far, I have not found anything saying where he was born (they're possibly still looking into this) but the fact that he doesn't have a passport is suggestive of either a permanent resident or someone born in the US.

If he is an immigrant it's statistically unlikely that he came across the Southern border. The vast majority of the "4,000 terrorists" that Trump and his acolytes keep saying were stopped from traveling to or entering the US because their names were on the Terrorism Screening Database were detained at airports, despite people like Sarah Sanders using wording that implies that they came across the Southern border. Even then, not all of those were people who could be criminally charged under terrorism statutes and some could have been stopped simply because they have the same name as a person on the list. 

In the first six months of 2018 according to US Customs & Border Protection, only 6 immigrants with names on the database were stopped at the Southern border (with the same caveats as above, meaning they were not necessarily terrorists) while in the same period, 41 were stopped at the Northern border - and yet we don't hear Trump calling for a wall on the Canadian border. I wonder why that is?

48 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Because in the new world, since year 2000, in the mainland USA the hugely overwhelming number of fatalities and injuries from terrorism have been caused by islamists born abroad. That, put together with this lads name and the total lack of any history of the terrorist sets off alarm bells ringing. 

A more plausible scenario than him suffering from Trump derangement syndrome as most posters on the thread are claiming(and possibly suffering from also:) )

So.... I reviewed the first five posts... includes the OP and you at number five, sprouting rubbish about;

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Note the first relies are all blaming Trump for this islamic jihad ideology ergo some people have no idea whatsoever about what they speak.

Post one... OP

post two.... blames trumps shutdown

post three... an observation about the uselessness of a wall

post four... an observation about gun control

post five... your rubbish cropped above

nothing about Islam, as you claimed at that point, and only one blaming trump...  Ergo, it appears it’s you who “have no idea whatsoever about what they speak”.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

What else can you expect with that idiot Trump in place and putting so much financial burdon on people with his government shutdown i am actually surprised hes still alive after all the lies and crap this Putin employee is doing to America and the world .

AND all you Trump lovers out there i dont give a flying <deleted> what youve got to say i have freedom of speech and be reading any of your crap replies .

here we go with the TVF Trump bashing vacuous blather, well done 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually, since he never claimed the source would be the commercial market, you didn't "disabuse him of the Hollywood thing." Unless you're claiming to be a mind reader.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Because in the new world, since year 2000, in the mainland USA the hugely overwhelming number of fatalities and injuries from terrorism have been caused by islamists born abroad. That, put together with this lads name and the total lack of any history of the terrorist sets off alarm bells ringing. 

This statement is true because of 9/11, which skews statistics

However, if instead you focus on terror incidents, which this appears to be, then the conclusion is completely different, because over 70% of incidents are attributed to right wing lunnies, with the bulk of the rest being islamists (with a smattering of lefties), some of which were home grown islamists, vs immigrants.

therefore, any conclusions to be drawn about the origin of the perp, if looking at history, which you claim is how you came to your conclusion, means that you should rightly conclude that this guy is an American citizen... not someone who is illegally in the country

ergo.... your post is deliberately misleading... but hey, if your potus is your role model, then that is completely understandable.

Just making sure you know its impossible

Don't think it's impossible at all -- assuming someone has the right connections in the black market / underground weapons dealing industry.  And sufficient money to buy the desired item.

And of course, manages to avoid FBI undercover agents as their supposed supplier.

Just making sure you know its impossible

Er - hijacking planes and flying them into the Twin Towers was probably thought to be impossible too. Or the concept they would collapse as a result. Until it happened. Although Tom Clancy did forecast it in one of his novels.

In the 1960's, the concept of a computer one could hold in their hand was probably thought to be impossible. We do it every day with our smartphones.

18 minutes ago, farcanell said:

http://wnyt.com/news/grenade-launcher-guns-legal/4665943/

apparently not.... nor illegal unless your in New York.

Reading helps...I think I mentioned you can buy them legally under strict controls. Something that Billy Bob Klanner or Mustafa Mumser is going to have a hard time to do. Especially when you give up your 4th amendment rights when you get one.

Each grenade must be registered too. I dont beleive there are any anti tank rockets available to civilians that can be registered.

16 minutes ago, farcanell said:

???????????? With the US being the worlds biggest arms manufacturer, wouldn’t a secure border be more likely to keep such items within its borders?

I could spend hours explaining the Gun Laws and Regulations to you but the simple answer is that that is a silly, sound bite, straw man argument. But hey, regardless, a secure southern border would sure help stop arms smuggling across those unwalled deserts.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

A more plausible scenario than him suffering from Trump derangement syndrome as most posters on the thread are claiming(and possibly suffering from also:) )

These are the latest figures I can find: How likely are foreign terrorists to kill Americans? The odds may surprise you

According to a September 2016 study by Alex Nowrasteh at the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank, some 3,024 Americans died from 1975 through 2015 due to foreign-born terrorism. That number includes the 9/11 terrorist attacks (2,983 people) and averages nearly 74 Americans per year.

Since 9/11, however, foreign-born terrorists have killed roughly one American per year. Six Americans have died per year at the hands, guns, and bombs of Islamic terrorists (foreign and domestic).

How does that compare with the number killed by their fellow Americans in mass shootings? The following graph was sourced from Mother Jones via Wikipedia.

Total_deaths_in_US_mass_shootings.png

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's an unfounded inflammatory accusation that is obviously false. Obviously wishing for something like that would be pure evil but it doesn't even make any Machiavellian sense, dude! Any kind of crisis caused by a large attack like that would strengthen any president and anti-"trump" people definitely do NOT want him strengthened. 

Good try but no prize. The bad jokes about a potential terrorist attack is sick. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hey CNN is based in Atlanta, right? Maybe the terrorist got his marching orders from the free press enemy of the people?

BTW, of course the guy deserved to be arrested, but I'm curious, is this one of those "setup" show arrests where they kind of entrap people that actually have zero capability of carrying out what they are charged with, or did he really potentially have the capability?

Agreed. It would be a bit of a bugger if it turns out he was 'radicalized' by the FBI's offering him things he couldn't find at Walmart.

50 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Reading helps...I think I mentioned you can buy them legally under strict controls. Something that Billy Bob Klanner or Mustafa Mumser is going to have a hard time to do. Especially when you give up your 4th amendment rights when you get one.

Each grenade must be registered too. I dont beleive there are any anti tank rockets available to civilians that can be registered.

I could spend hours explaining the Gun Laws and Regulations to you but the simple answer is that that is a silly, sound bite, straw man argument. But hey, regardless, a secure southern border would sure help stop arms smuggling across those unwalled deserts.

Regards the post I quoted... reading does indeed help, comprehension moreso... you said “just making sure you know it’s impossible”... that was the entire post... no cherry picking needed.

if you also said other things elsewhere, that’s cool, but i was responding to an unequivocal statement... not every statement.

So please... not hours explaining.... but maybe a simple paragraph or two to explain why stronger borders will keep them out, vs in.

And again with the southern borders... but nothing about the northern borders, when stats show that’s were the real problems cross the border.

and registered? Really? Like every firearm, right? And yet, there are so many out there that are not registered, so that claim is weak to pointless.

lmao... billy bob klanner ???????????? yer... so billy bob tells the seller his name is John Smith, and that argument falls away as well, not that I think your average seller of illegal arms would care about a name

and whilst explaining things... why did you throw in the line about giving up fourth amendment rights.... how is that relevant?

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What info? I would guess that Hasher Jallal Taheb is an American so 'from Georgia' is quite sufficient.

From this, "The tipster told authorities that Taheb was “radicalized, changed his name, and made plans to travel abroad,” according to the local news station."

When it comes down to suspicion of people with un-American names, how about Byung Pak, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia? Doesn't sound very American to me either. Maybe his folks swam the Rio Grande as well?

So far not much in the "terrorist over the southern border" action. The US seems well equipped to breed their own. All of the reports I have read so far say something like "...from Georgia." Generally accepted that that is where a person is from. or do you think a newspaper would miss out on saying he was from Iraq, etc? The Boston Marathon bombers were well reported where they and every member of their family came from. (Kyrgyzstani-American terrorist of Chechen descent).
Also a hint in the statement that he had not traveled abroad because he did not have a passport.
Nothing super solid, I admit, but sometimes the news as reported is... the news.????

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

What else can you expect with that idiot Trump in place and putting so much financial burdon on people with his government shutdown i am actually surprised hes still alive after all the lies and crap this Putin employee is doing to America and the world .

AND all you Trump lovers out there i dont give a flying <deleted> what youve got to say i have freedom of speech and be reading any of your crap replies .

yeah  i  mean  its  what  a  sane  normal  person  would  do  isnt  it

13 hours ago, keith101 said:

Yes you have your freedom of speech but your post is about the dumbest post I have seen on TV. So much for rational thought. You are all over the place with that post. Only thing that makes it all nice to read is that I know you are a tormented and miserable person.

Archived