Air pollution alert for Friday

webfact

7 hours ago, soistalker said:

If I am not mistaken, the BTS and MRT run on clean energy. The problem is that they are expensive means of transportation for most natives. And the trains are not run frequently and are often crowded. 

Take the money they are spending to spray water 20 meters into the air (absolutely kindergarten science) forceably retire most buses which cannot be fixed, and subsidie BTS/MRT travel. Get additional revenue from any vehicle not following traffic laws through hefty fines, and confiscate and sell any motorcycles riding or parked on the sidewalk. 

If only, dream on.

9 hours ago, zyphodb said:

What amuses me is that Chiang Mai has had appalling smog every burning season for many years and nothing has been done, but as soon as it's reported that Bangkok has some, oh the horror, suddenly they're spending lots of money, panicking & coming up with all sorts of hairbrained solutions.

Well, you're wrong about that, at least the spending money part... All they've been doing in reality is a lot of rubbish talking, and nothing of any substance. But they have indeed been big on hairbrained fake solutions.

9 hours ago, zyphodb said:

What amuses me is that Chiang Mai has had appalling smog every burning season for many years and nothing has been done, but as soon as it's reported that Bangkok has some, oh the horror, suddenly they're spending lots of money, panicking & coming up with all sorts of hairbrained solutions.

And they wonder why the North and Northeast aren't impressed with the government or any of the political parties based in Bangkok?

*harebrained

What amuses me is that Chiang Mai has had appalling smog every burning season for many years and nothing has been done, but as soon as it's reported that Bangkok has some, oh the horror, suddenly they're spending lots of money, panicking & coming up with all sorts of hairbrained solutions.  And they wonder why the North and Northeast aren't impressed with the government or any of the political parties based in Bangkok?

Only folk complaining in Chiang mai are old dinasour pensioners on last legs forced to live there through lack of finances. And the Locals are to busy burning [emoji91]

Why would the government care about them?

Bangkok is the CAPITAL city and has 10 million population , of course it's on top of the list!!

Archived