Australian woman deported from Thailand after overstaying by 111 days

webfact

Australian woman deported from Thailand after overstaying by 111 days

By James Massola & Rachel Clun

Clare Johnson::Facebook.jpg

Facebook - Claire Johnson

Jakarta: An Australian woman who overstayed her visa by more than 100 days will be released from detention and deported by Thai authorities on Thursday evening.

Claire Amelia Johnson, 46, who was born in Sydney but most recently lived on the Gold Coast. She will leave Bangkok on a Qantas flight scheduled to arrive in Sydney on Friday morning.

Ms Johnson had been due to return to Australia more than a week ago. Instead, on Monday evening she got in touch with her friend Juliet Potter and told her in a series of Facebook messages that she was in an immigration detention centre in Bangkok and begged her to please "help me".

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/australian-woman-deported-from-thailand-after-overstaying-by-111-days-20190117-p50s1e.html

-- Sydney Morning Herald 2019-01-17

They got her for 111 days overstay and resulted in several years of being banned from returning to Thailand according to news reports in Oz. No mention of a medical tourism business she is alleged to have been running.

Guess she learned that the rules do apply to her.

16 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

They got her for 111 days overstay and resulted in several years of being banned from returning to Thailand according to news reports in Oz. No mention of a medical tourism business she is alleged to have been running.

Guess she learned that the rules do apply to her.

Yep, she's finding the entitlement that she enjoys in Oz doesn't really work over here.

Also, her 'medical tourism' business (Cosmetic Holidays International) was deregistered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission a while ago but she continues to promote it on social media.

28 minutes ago, Deli said:

BARFINE !

Not bloody likely, the stupid cow got what she deserved. Sitting in a detention centre cell and crying that you need help, go and do your 90 day report like everyone else

4 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

No, she looks pretty. I prefer Oz women anyday to Asian women.

She looks pretty? Maybe, but IMHO I think she has a little witch look, that kind of look I'm running, it's not a criticism, just everyone's likes :smile:

Archived