What to do if your school doesn't pay your salary?

Nomadic Flow

Dont hire a lawyer in Thailand ! You will end up losing more money ! If you really want to take on the school go to labour court in Bangkok with all the information and papers you have ! It’s not only the agencies that screw foreign teachers, schools do it directly!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Describing your plight in detail stating only the facts will possibly shield you from a defamation claim, especially if you post on forums which deal extensively with teaching issues (i.e. ESLcafe.com, tefl.com, teachingnomad.com, ajarn.com, etc.)

Any school which cannot hire teachers to perpetuate their scam will suffer.  You are advised to file your claim BEFORE this course of action is followed.  Broke schools cannot pay.

“Broke schools” ? They had the money and if they don’t or didn’t and had problems paying, the teacher should have been told and given a written document confirming he/she would get money owed !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, WyrldTraveler said:

Describing your plight in detail stating only the facts will possibly shield you from a defamation claim, especially if you post on forums which deal extensively with teaching issues (i.e. ESLcafe.com, tefl.com, teachingnomad.com, ajarn.com, etc.)

Any school which cannot hire teachers to perpetuate their scam will suffer.  You are advised to file your claim BEFORE this course of action is followed.  Broke schools cannot pay.

The truth will NOT shield you from defamation. All the person who feels they have been defamed has to do is show they have suffered in some way, such as not being able to hire new teachers. And remember defamation is a criminal offense. They report it to the police. And you get arrested.

Instead, follow the lawyer and labour department route as advised.

Well, do you fancy a holiday in Thailand? Do you want to reward the scammers, or get paid? 

The Labour Court is free and it's working thoroughly & fast. They will handle the serving of the defendant and arrange a settlement conference asap, often in less than 2 weeks.

Can you prove that you have worked these months? 

Certain schools keep pulling these stunts. And no, I would not waste time involving the Labour Department. (Though I confess that this is based on hearsay from a lawyer and a friend's experiences. The friend was promised na written "answer" many weeks' later) ... 

You might try filing with 1111 , reporting crime. That's what it is, JMHO. In addition, I would report this to www.RD.go.th and use simple language and also a Google translation.

The scam relies on folks being scared or thinking they will not win etc.

Archived