March 24 may be suitable for election: Wissanu

snoop1130

March 24 may be suitable for election: Wissanu

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

buaguy-696x465.jpg

A sole counter-protester proclaims he is 'Bored!' of elections at a pro-democracy rally held Jan. 8 at the Ratchaprasong intersection in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said Thursday that the election will likely be moved to March 24.

The kingdom has been thrown into confusion without a definite answer on whether the Feb. 24 poll is on or off. The date fell into doubt after a needed royal decree failed to appear, but the deputy premier said one would likely be published in the Royal Gazette next week, allowing election officials to pin down a date.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/01/17/march-24-may-be-suitable-for-election-wissanu/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-1-17

It's great to see how the Thai junta really respects and honours the demands of the Thai people for greater clarity. You have got to hand it to the rulers: they could not make the present and future situation any clearer to the Thai people if they tried ....

The Prime Minister, after innumerable attempts, has never been able to correctly nominate the date of the election. So why should this treacherous snake Wissanu be able to do it?

I am of the belief that even if the PM wanted to have an election (which he doesn't) the brains trust of the junta administration is so totally lacking it couldn't even organise one. Planning a kindergarten picnic would be more their level of ability.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

It's great to see how the Thai junta really respects and honours the demands of the Thai people for greater clarity. You have got to hand it to the rulers: they could not make the present and future situation any clearer to the Thai people if they tried ....

Worth making book. I'd be inclined to wager 1,000THB that it doesn't happen this side of the coronation.

Why the Thais dont get out on the street and  start a revolution i dont know, you aint going to get anything except crap with this  lot and most likely  the next lot..............well clearly there is  no interest, the laziest race Ive come across, cant drive, cant think, cant do a decent  job in virtually anything they do, never  their fault, no responsibility, stupid les  majeste laws, stupid loss of  face, you name it Thailand has it in spades, think of the stupidest most dangerous way to do anything and Thailands  the world leader, comical they really think they are "something"

Generalisations?? nope,  the truth hurts  Thailand, but you need a damn good  kicking into reality.

The corruption starts at the top filters right to the  bottom, found out today the very small village I live in has had 2-300k baht stolen out of their  funding ie corruption and the head of  village and all his hangers on have been sacked............ex  army guy, meanwhile roads  full of  holes for 6  months ( fixed em myself again), water  supply off for 4  days this week , last  week off  for 7  days, just given em 850 baht as they have NO  money for replacement water pipe..........PATHETIC, the whole country is on the take and the worlds  biggest joke. 

Thankfully i avoid  most of this nonsense until i get to  immigration once  a year.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

Why the Thais dont get out on the street and  start a revolution i dont know, you aint going to get anything except crap with this  lot and most likely  the next lot..............well clearly there is  no interest, the laziest race Ive come across, cant drive, cant think, cant do a decent  job in virtually anything they do, never  their fault, no responsibility, stupid les  majeste laws, stupid loss of  face, you name it Thailand has it in spades, think of the stupidest most dangerous way to do anything and Thailands  the world leader, comical they really think they are "something"

Generalisations?? nope,  the truth hurts  Thailand, but you need a damn good  kicking into reality.

The corruption starts at the top filters right to the  bottom, found out today the very small village I live in has had 2-300k baht stolen out of their  funding ie corruption and the head of  village and all his hangers on have been sacked............ex  army guy, meanwhile roads  full of  holes for 6  months ( fixed em myself again), water  supply off for 4  days this week , last  week off  for 7  days, just given em 850 baht as they have NO  money for replacement water pipe..........PATHETIC, the whole country is on the take and the worlds  biggest joke. 

Thankfully i avoid  most of this nonsense until i get to  immigration once  a year.

Poster of the year right here.

What a dude!

KP.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

I would never vote for someone who takes more than four years to eat enough at the trough. This alone is a clear sign of inability.

always  difficult when you need a  calculator to add up

13 hours ago, kannot said:

you've hit the nail on the head there, 101% true!

On 1/17/2019 at 7:23 AM, sammieuk1 said:

All juntas are alike sweep into power make everyone around them rich and don't want to give it up. now its only about power and they have the guns????

Really, and you think that's what this is????. A very narrow point of view, especially after most overthrows the economy crashes, whereas this one flourishes. Certainly this military government was not capable of dealing with the mass of Thailand's problems, but have made it better in 3years.imo

19 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Really, and you think that's what this is????. A very narrow point of view, especially after most overthrows the economy crashes, whereas this one flourishes. Certainly this military government was not capable of dealing with the mass of Thailand's problems, but have made it better in 3years.imo

In what way have they made it better?

for the love of god please do not say “there is no more trouble on the streets”....that would truly be a case of the pot boiling long before you realized you have been here too long.

Its true that there have been a lot of infrastructure projects but I am 100% certain that those are only a mechanism for skimming off huge amounts of money....in fact there are so many mega projects that it just supports the massive corruption theory.

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

I would never vote for someone who takes more than four years to eat enough at the trough. This alone is a clear sign of inability.

Ahh but you forget how addictive it is. Those there just can't give it up whilst those who were removed a restless in withdraw.

One has to wonder when the junta will feel strong enough to just cancel the election all together. They have no plans to leave the trough but are loosing support (and the votes they have purchased with taxpayer money will eventually forget to vote). 

Archived