Heads up re DLT car inspections ("MOT")

Dan Autos in Maenam are no longer able to test cars that are 7 years or older as their apparatus failed in Dec and is not likely to be replaced. Residents needing the test will need to use one of the other outlets on the island.

(Posted in the hope of saving some wasted journeys!)

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

What about Dan Auto in Nathon?

I cannot recall if they're authorised or ever did the tests but there are at least two places on the DLT road that do and are never busy.

HTH

(look for the blue 'wheel-cog' sign indicating they are test centres. The two i'm thinking of were more or less opposite each other just after leaving the ring rd)

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

I cannot recall if they're authorised or ever did the tests but there are at least two places on the DLT road that do and are never busy.

HTH

(look for the blue 'wheel-cog' sign indicating they are test centres. The two i'm thinking of were more or less opposite each other just after leaving the ring rd)

Thanks, Dan Auto in Nathon used to make the letters for DLT, I've never seen them performing any tests, at least on the car I had that needed a letter...????

My new car is not so new anymore, so in about a year's time I'll need at letter if I keep the car, which I probably do; so thanks for the information about test sites...:wai:

Archived