Mother let baby drown: police

snoop1130

Mother let baby drown: police

By The Nation

ce4f1a0296bdb443ebdfa7a8acbc9541.jpeg

Kanokwan Khaoprae, 21, was arrested this morning by Chonburi and Chanthaburi police while she was travelling on a Chanthaburi-Bangkok bus.

Upon arrest, she reportedly confessed to murdering her daughter, aged one year and three months, by letting her drown in a pond in Moo 1 Tha Chang, Amphoe Muang, Chanthaburi Province, said Muang Chanthaburi deputy superintendent Thanyapat Boonsook. 

Police believed the young woman was stressed from arguing with her partner. 

According to the police, Kanokwan said she brought her daughter from her rented room in Tha Chang to calm her down after she cried incessantly. She stopped her motorcycle at an exercise space close to a pond and phoned her boyfriend who is on compulsory military service. However, the two ended up fighting. 

Angered by the baby’s crying and her partner, Kanokwan put the baby near the pond and let her fall down without looking back at the drowning girl, leading to her death, he said. 

During the crime scene re-enactment, Kanokwan was brought to the pond. She was also reported to being in tears while asking to light incense to ask for forgiveness from her deceased daughter.

The mother was also seen crying and hugging her dead daughter when the police brought her to the morgue at Prapokklao Hospital where they kept the girl’s body. She was charged with murder and is now detained by police before being sent to Chanthaburi Provincial Court’s prison to await prosecution.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362457

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-1-17

Alone with no support from family members, boyfriend in the army, baby screaming all day drove her to sheer madness, I feel sorry for the mother who will have to live with her actions for life & sadness for the baby gone without the chance of life by being born into a family with no chance.

Very sad story in this day & age in what is supposed to be a modern caring country!!!!

I saw the whole story on TV this morning, we know a lot more, first, it's the grandmother, the father's mother who took care of the little one, not the mother.

A few days ago the grandmother asked the mother if she could take the baby just a week because she had a job to do. A little after the grandmother phoned the mother to talk to the little girl. The mother answered I do not know what kind of excuse to say that she could not talk to the little child at that moment. Of course, she has died already.

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I saw the whole story on TV this morning, we know a lot more, first, it's the grandmother, the father's mother who took care of the little one, not the mother.

A few days ago the grandmother asked the mother if she could take the baby just a week because she had a job to do. A little after the grandmother phoned the mother to talk to the little girl. The mother answered I do not know what kind of excuse to say that she could not talk to the little child at that moment. Of course, she has died already.

So yet another woman who has a child, with no intention and/or means of supporting it, with a male also unable or unwilling to help. So the kid is passed around for someone else to take responsibility. Not exactly unusual here, is it. And I KNOW it happens everywhere, but that doesn't alter the fact that it seems to occur here so frequently.

20 minutes ago, Myran said:

The kid was 1 year and 3 months old, so definitely not.

You need to read all the information  given in the link. 

“Unlike the "baby blues", postnatal depression can persist for months if left untreated. In a minority of cases, it can become a long-term problem”

Sweet Jesus.

What do you do with a POS like this? Even if she had Post-natal depression (and that's a real possibility), and even accepting the parlous state of Thailand's mental health problems, how did this get past those people whose job it is to look out for the weaker individuals in Thai society?

Lots of young girls succumb to the biological urge to reproduce (often due a a poor education), and the next time they get horny, there's another bun in the oven, regardless of the girl's fitness or readiness to become a mother.

It's a tragedy, though it's likely to be shrugged off by the mother. Until the next time.

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

You need to read all the information  given in the link. 

“Unlike the "baby blues", postnatal depression can persist for months if left untreated. In a minority of cases, it can become a long-term problem”

Postpartum psychosis is what leads mothers to kill their young babies (which occurs within months of birth), not postpartum depression, and definitely not depression occuring well over a year after the birth.

37 minutes ago, Myran said:

Postpartum psychosis is what leads mothers to kill their young babies (which occurs within months of birth), not postpartum depression, and definitely not depression occuring well over a year after the birth.

The NHS information says different. 

I’ll take their word over yours. 

She killed the baby in anger not post natal depression,the same thing as when the father usually kills all the family when he's had enough of the mrs or mother in law and seems quite common in the Los.i say tie some blocks to her and dump her in a stinking klong.

RIP to the little one, no words can explain why she did it, post partem depession??  Naaah  -  not after a year and a half.........she was pissed off having to take care of her kid because Grand Mommy couldn't do it, boyfriend in the Army she decided enough was enough, callously let the kid fall into the water and did fuckall to help = SHE HAS to pay for her actions - I blame it on Thai Soap Operas, they play on feelings and some really viscous episodes to justify killing a family, or school kids have been shown on TV.  If she is awarded bail, boyfriend should avenge his daughter, no court in the Kingdom will convict him.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, hotchilli said:

Alone with no support from family members, boyfriend in the army, baby screaming all day drove her to sheer madness, I feel sorry for the mother who will have to live with her actions for life & sadness for the baby gone without the chance of life by being born into a family with no chance.

Very sad story in this day & age in what is supposed to be a modern caring country!!!!

unfortunately the trend is becoming -  care about yourself ????

7 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

RIP to the little one, no words can explain why she did it, post partem depession??  Naaah  -  not after a year and a half.........she was pissed off having to take care of her kid because Grand Mommy couldn't do it, boyfriend in the Army she decided enough was enough, callously let the kid fall into the water and did fuckall to help = SHE HAS to pay for her actions - I blame it on Thai Soap Operas, they play on feelings and some really viscous episodes to justify killing a family, or school kids have been shown on TV.  If she is awarded bail, boyfriend should avenge his daughter, no court in the Kingdom will convict him.

Post natal depression: facts

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/271217.php

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Post natal depression: facts

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/271217.php

Okay, but this part in interesting:  were most likely experiencing a continuation of pre-existing depression, rather than a new set of symptoms arising from giving birth.

2 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Okay, but this part in interesting:  were most likely experiencing a continuation of pre-existing depression, rather than a new set of symptoms arising from giving birth.

I found this more relevant 

They also wanted to see what limitations the existing studies into postpartum depression may have, and what implications this has had for women with postpartum depression and their children.

Although all follow-up studies examined in the review found that symptoms of postpartum depression decreased over time, the scores grading symptoms did not fall beneath the cut-off point for clinical depression for many women. Overall, the review found that 38% of women with postpartum depression experienced chronic symptoms.

In women who were receiving medical care, 50% of patients experienced depression for more than 1 year after childbirth. The review also found that in women who were not receiving clinical treatment, 30% of women with postpartum depression were still depressed up to 3 years after giving birth”

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I found this more relevant 

They also wanted to see what limitations the existing studies into postpartum depression may have, and what implications this has had for women with postpartum depression and their children.

Although all follow-up studies examined in the review found that symptoms of postpartum depression decreased over time, the scores grading symptoms did not fall beneath the cut-off point for clinical depression for many women. Overall, the review found that 38% of women with postpartum depression experienced chronic symptoms.

In women who were receiving medical care, 50% of patients experienced depression for more than 1 year after childbirth. The review also found that in women who were not receiving clinical treatment, 30% of women with postpartum depression were still depressed up to 3 years after giving birth”

Glad I'm not a woman, and since I've had a vasectomy, I will not be contributing live sperm to cause this anomoly, PPD.

Archived