Are they all total crap

kannot

So  a few  months  back I bought a samsung smart tv, ok it  wasnt a lot, 11000 baht but its a total piece of  junk.

I got a hard wired internet connection to it not  wifi and the speed  is painful 0.14 kb its  laggy as  hell, it often tells me the browser has  closed for  no reason and i didnt close it, takes ages   after turning on to get into the smart hub keeps  saying "try later" in short  the UI is just abysmal, how the hell they can sell  this  junk Ill neve r know.

I added a wireless all in one mouse and keyboard ( another piece of  junk as unable to turn off  tap to click as no real drivers) yet when I use it the  bloody annoying samsung on screen keyboard  keeps  popping  up, cant turn it  off.

Then on startup menu  it asks if  you just want to use the tv as a monitor only ie  no tv, which I clicked "yes" but every time it then restarts  up it  keeps  asking me to search for tv  channels.

Are they all <deleted>  like this?

Tried to use it about 3  times  now but like  almost ALL modern tech things they are  buggy and  have real bad  issues.

Getting to the point where Im seriously   thinking of  dumping  all  tech as a lot of it is  flawed, from the car infotainment to the Tv,s to windows 10 and miscrosofts almost daily  updates to skype which theyve  buggered  up beyond all belief.

Is  there no real testing of this  crap? often especially with the computers a  fix  is  never  issued, still got  a laptop now which says "connect automatically"  to  the  internet  and never  does....tried  all the fixes, nowt  works. Right after a lovely MS  update.

Then we  have Dells inflating laptop batteries on xps 13's Li-on batteries  which blow  up  like a  balloon forcing the trackpad almost out of the laptop and making it  unable to right/left click, have to get a new  battery every 18  months or  so............just crap r&d.

So smart tvs.....are  they all just <deleted>?

5 minutes ago, Grafting Ken said:

Oh and by the way.... got a bit of a tree thing going on and don't have anyone in your area.... would you be interested? Better than pineapple.

"grafting Ken eh" hahahahah whats the tree  thing?

my 5 y.o. samsung 40" speakers are packing up and been wondering about a sound bar or a new TV...some folks rave about TCL tvs being good value and quality...

never had a smart tv...only use it to play downloaded movies with an HDMI connection to the laptop...looks like thb15000 will get a nice smart tv, TCL brand...so maybe then I'll get to watch tv broadcasts too, for what they're worth...

my 5 y.o. samsung 40" speakers are packing up and been wondering about a sound bar or a new TV...some folks rave about TCL tvs being good value and quality...

never had a smart tv...only use it to play downloaded movies with an HDMI connection to the laptop...looks like thb15000 will get a nice smart tv, TCL brand...so maybe then I'll get to watch tv broadcasts too, for what they're worth...

I bought a TCL 55 inch a few years. Great pic but only just found out the sound output on the back does not work so can't connect a sound bar and TCL service center don't reply to emails.

Most the major brands are at 17K and UHD 4K now so I would not buy TCL again

51 minutes ago, madmen said:

I bought a TCL 55 inch a few years. Great pic but only just found out the sound output on the back does not work so can't connect a sound bar and TCL service center don't reply to emails.

Can you bluetooth the connection from your TV to the soundbar?

Can you bluetooth the connection from your TV to the soundbar?
It's not a smart TV. I bought it as a pc monitor for my flight simulator and was the cheapest at the time.
Now I want to update to a 4k UHD TV for the pc and use the TCL as just a TV but not without a sound bar

Will get the Gf to call service and see about a repair

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

What do you expect for 11,000? You pay crap you get crap.

Really so if  i pay 100k  ill get superfast internet a much  better  UI and no  lag?? assuming my own internet is 10mb +  beacsue Ive seen a few articles which say laggy crap UI with a lot of them.

Pay crap does not always mean get crap as  much as paying  top price doesnt get you anything better in many cases............Buy Mercedes and get an unreliable over engineered  car, by Japanese  cheap car get reliability

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/UN55H6350AF-Super-slow-menus-Smart-TV/td-p/165579/page/2

No problems with my Samsung Smart-tv .. I think I paid around 15,000. I chose a Samsung because there was a Synology app that allows me to stream from my NAS, the setup for everything was easy enough, the wife uses the YouTube app. The only issue was the only digital sound out was optical, which I found out after purchase. If you experiencing lag, have you upgraded your router?

On 1/19/2019 at 1:13 PM, tweedledee2 said:

Sounds more like installation and operator error to me.  Maybe Google Smart TV set-up for dummies.  

why on earth would I need to do that? turn on connect to router via cable for better speed and.................still crap, laggy, browser frequently says error, at start up despite me setting it for use as a "monitor only"  its still asks me to plug  in an effin ariel...........every bleeding time.

Then theres  a "pls  wait"  notice or "try again later" as it tries to start the smart functions after you turn it  on...........piece of crap

On 1/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, recom273 said:

No problems with my Samsung Smart-tv .. I think I paid around 15,000. I chose a Samsung because there was a Synology app that allows me to stream from my NAS, the setup for everything was easy enough, the wife uses the YouTube app. The only issue was the only digital sound out was optical, which I found out after purchase. If you experiencing lag, have you upgraded your router?

why? routers 12  months  old and direct  cable to TV.

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

Have you done a speed test of your internet connection? Are you getting the promised speed from your provider? Perhaps your internet speed is too slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on the tv  itself, yes..................its  crap thru cable,  on wifi its  even crapper, makes  me wonder if its  duff per se

On my laptop its  fine 7mb+

on the tv  itself, yes..................its  crap thru cable,  on wifi its  even crapper, makes  me wonder if its  duff per se
On my laptop its  fine 7mb+

7 mbps? Is that a typo? If not how can you do anything at that speed? I like 70 or so mbps just for day to day stuff, and would prefer faster.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, madmen said:

I've had a TCL 55" for a year now and have had no problems hooking it up to an audio system.  Great TV and a great value.  Take a picture of the audio outputs on the back of your TV and go to a decent retailer like Power Buy.  They will know what adapter you will need to connect to a soundbar.  Also, your TV sound output may be set to "TV speakers only" or something similar.  Check your audio menu.

I've had a TCL 55" for a year now and have had no problems hooking it up to an audio system.  Great TV and a great value.  Take a picture of the audio outputs on the back of your TV and go to a decent retailer like Power Buy.  They will know what adapter you will need to connect to a soundbar.  Also, your TV sound output may be set to "TV speakers only" or something similar.  Check your audio menu.
I've tried every adaptor there is but no joy. In theory just plugging in my headphones to the audio out should cut the TV speakers but no effect at all.

I've spent hours testing the settings on the remote for audio as well.

It's probably something simple but I've sent emails to the service center with pics without really expecting a reply and wasn't disappointed [emoji26]

I've just noticed new TCL 55" UHD 4K smart tv on lazada for 12k. Great reviews about the pic quality but in typical TCL style everyone says the smart bit is clunky and doesn't work

On 1/27/2019 at 9:27 PM, SpokaneAl said:

7 mbps? Is that a typo? If not how can you do anything at that speed? I like 70 or so mbps just for day to day stuff, and would prefer faster.

no typo

i  live  out  in  the  boonies, been  using  tot  wi  max  for 5-6  years now,  finally  got  fibre out  here   now, 100mbps (reality about 29mbps outside  of Thailand)  will  try  the  tv  today  to see if  any  different

This is why I buy a TV with a great image.. and add external 'smart' boxes which are cheap and easy to upgrade and every year or two are a huge jump forward. 

The most pleasing image of all my TVs is a top end older plasma in the UK.. with a 1080p source that TV is just crystal clear and none of the clipping brightness problems I see on 90s of the LED 4k sets.. Really hard to get them tuned 'correct'. 

Archived