Driving slowly in high-speed lane to soon become a punishable offence

snoop1130

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I have been in one accident in my entire life. One accident in 40 years of driving.

The reason... some <deleted> was coming up behind me at about 110mph, I got over out of the fast lane. It was raining and the guy in the slow lane was a putt putt vehicle that was crawling. I am fully bearing responsibility for my own accident, but here i am just proclaiming the problem is people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

Nothing makes me mash my teeth more. If you are heavily speeding in the fast lane and want people to get out of your way, <deleted> you. You are not in the right! 

I have never understood this.  Maybe it is a European thing.  Don't roads have speed limit signs?  Aren't said signs to express the maximum speed allowed on the road, not the minimum.  The rest of any argument about this is just a question of courtesy.  The entitled however have never, and never will subscribe to the idea of courtesy.

This will all be forgotten in a few months, will not be enforced and make zero difference. 

As usual they're completely addressing things that will not make any difference, rather than actually putting in place a long term plan to reduce the shocking / embarrassing / scandalous road deaths. 

6 minutes ago, car720 said:

I have never understood this.  Maybe it is a European thing.  Don't roads have speed limit signs? 

Indeed they do, usually for maximum speed but under certain circumstances minimum speed.

UK ones look like this.

Maximum speeds:-

speed-limit.jpg

Minimum speeds:-

643px-Minimum_Speed_Limit_Signs.png

Nothing makes me mash my teeth more. If you are heavily speeding in the fast lane and want people to get out of your way, <deleted> you. You are not in the right! 

But most of the time this isn't the issue.

Coming up (at a legal 120kph) upon someone in the right hand lane doing 80 (or even less) is.

Try hogging outside or centre lanes in the UK and you'll get a fine (even if you are driving at the speed limit).

I really hope they enforce this, nothing worse than someone sitting in the fast lane with their cruise control set at 70 and refusing to move over, even worse when they know they are holding someone up behind them and they indicate right as if to say go around!! inconsiderate A-holes!!

Except where you're required to drive slowly in the right lane, that is, when approaching a U-turn lane. I have to use them every time I drive in Chiang Mai. They often backup into the through (fast) lane, and I always wonder if this is the time I get rear-ended. Then there are the privileged drivers who are too good to line up for the U-turn lane, who go to the front and block the fast lane, further increasing the risk of rear-end collisions. What a system!

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

:cheesy::cheesy: Well thats  me Buggered  top speed of my ride is 15 Ks.

But what if you come across a ride that's only 10Ks? You won't be allowed to overtake now. 😉

I have been in one accident in my entire life. One accident in 40 years of driving.

The reason... some <deleted> was coming up behind me at about 110mph, I got over out of the fast lane. It was raining and the guy in the slow lane was a putt putt vehicle that was crawling. I am fully bearing responsibility for my own accident, but here i am just proclaiming the problem is people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

so... it was the driver behind you using his lights that stressed you and caused you to make a bad driving decision?

unless it's the police, people flashing their lights behind me don't cause me stress, they just have to wait until I'm done overtaking.

some people like to come very near, usually lighting up the brake lights sorts them out.

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a driving licence is mostly intended to identify the driver

And all these years I was under the impression that it was proof that you had the knowledge, skills and ability to operate the vehicle you were driving. 

Archived