BANGKOK
snoop1130

Driving slowly in high-speed lane to soon become a punishable offence

Why does everyone call the right lane "The Fast Lane". It is not.......it is supposed to be an "Overtaking Lane". Just saying.....:smile:

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a review of using CCTV images to issue tickets as some motorists claim they were not driving at the time of the offence and measures allowing officers’ discretion in case of such error. 

We all know how that works don't we........:whistling::smile:

• Like 1

Police will be fining lots of people in Bangkok during rush hours....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

But most of the time this isn't the issue.

Coming up (at a legal 120kph) upon someone in the right hand lane doing 80 (or even less) is.

Try hogging outside or centre lanes in the UK and you'll get a fine (even if you are driving at the speed limit).

UK along with most westernized countries, have robust and effective enforcement.

Here we are still waiting to see that, especially when it comes to moving traffic offences. Such transgressions require active mobile policing, not roadblock policing.

Many lessons yet to be learned here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I have been in one accident in my entire life. One accident in 40 years of driving.

The reason... some <deleted> was coming up behind me at about 110mph, I got over out of the fast lane. It was raining and the guy in the slow lane was a putt putt vehicle that was crawling. I am fully bearing responsibility for my own accident, but here i am just proclaiming the problem is people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

Nothing makes me mash my teeth more. If you are heavily speeding in the fast lane and want people to get out of your way, <deleted> you. You are not in the right! 

Maybe what you are calling the fast lane was actually the over taking lane and you had no rights to be there. 

Great, but how will they enforce this as most police do not have access to a police car.

7 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Great, but how will they enforce this as most police do not have access to a police car.

1) mentioned in the article, cameras

2)stand in the median during rush hour collecting fines as motorists waddle by, with the occasional officer being hit by a car using the median to pass.

7 minutes ago, kamahele said:

1) mentioned in the article, cameras

2)stand in the median during rush hour collecting fines as motorists waddle by, with the occasional officer being hit by a car using the median to pass.

I refuse to drive here, let the Mrs do it while I sit there and tut tut at all the madness going on around us.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police representative Pol Maj-General Ekkalak Limsankart also called for new regulations to be issued

Same old tired routine - some career official 'calling' for more regulation and forming special committee's to 'consider' the new law. However the Maj-Gen seems to ignore the fact that Thailand does not enforce it's laws. The lion has no teeth!

Oh and let's get our priorities straight - let's get those pesky drunk bicyclists!

10 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

dont know if things changed but on the german highway it was a pleasure to see slower fast lane vehicles allow faster ones to pass. signalling a left turn or maybe flashing lights was all that was needed.  isnt that the way it should be done? not about rolling out the red carpet

1 hour ago, akirasan said:

No, they'll leave it someone far more capable.

This guy:

3.jpg

The bloke in the back is sleeping, which makes this cardboard cutout look like the real deal.

"He also said that many motorists ignored traffic tickets until their driving score drops so low that their driver’s licence needs to be suspended. "

I have a Thai license and I drive here since 30 years. I never heard about this "score". Can someone explain ?

• Like 1

There are many dual carriageways in LOS - indeed most of them - where the leftmost lane is worn out, patched and ridged, such that using it at any speed is a nightmare and destroys the vehicles suspension. That is why the majority are glued to the right lanes.

All due to poor workmanship, graft, and overloaded vehicles.

• Like 1