Are 6 visa exempts still being noted?

7 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Thanks. I had to do my third one recently because the Vientiane Embassy was shut so will keep them for emergencies only.

Keep in mind your VE at border entry has an yearly reset. So depends what you have since Jan 1.

I'm not expert. Just what I'm thinking. Check it out.

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Thanks. I had to do my third one recently because the Vientiane Embassy was shut so will keep them for emergencies only.

There is no written limit for visa exempt entries by air. At land border crossings there is a limit of 2 per calendar year (Jan 1st to Dec 31st).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no written limit for visa exempt entries by air. At land border crossings there is a limit of 2 per calendar year (Jan 1st to Dec 31st).

What concerns me is not the yearly limit but the fact that if I reach 6 in total I'm going to be flagged and this may make life a bit more difficult, especially at Suvarnabhumi.

9 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

What concerns me is not the yearly limit but the fact that if I reach 6 in total I'm going to be flagged and this may make life a bit more difficult, especially at Suvarnabhumi.

If you're concerned don't fly into a Bangkok airport. There are no reports of it happening at Phuket or Chiang Mai airports. 

16 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

It depends upon your history of visa exempt entries. The 6 entry alert is to inform the officer he should check to see if you are doing out/in runs to live here on them.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon your history of visa exempt entries. The 6 entry alert is to inform the officer he should check to see if you are doing out/in runs to live here on them.

But if an IO is looking for reasons to deny entry, that could be a factor. It's all about minimising risk.

4 hours ago, lordblackader said:

If you're concerned don't fly into a Bangkok airport. There are no reports of it happening at Phuket or Chiang Mai airports. 

Chiang Mai - not likely to be a problem - no horror-story reports. 

I would not expect good treatment at Phuket, where i do recall folks reporting problems - as well as some of the other "island/resort" airports.

They love to state the law about max 180 days in a year in Thailand when in fact that law doesn't exist any more.

Came off the books years ago.

6×30 days ( 180 ) is what they are thinking, wrongly.

A couple of airports are famed for it.

Land border is best, except Poipet of course.

As The Walker Brothers sang,

Make it easy on yourself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

They love to state the law about max 180 days in a year in Thailand when in fact that law doesn't exist any more.

Came off the books years ago.

6×30 days ( 180 ) is what they are thinking, wrongly.

A couple of airports are famed for it.

Land border is best, except Poipet of course.

As The Walker Brothers sang,

Make it easy on yourself.

You're getting confused. The 6 visa exempts I'm talking about are the total you have accumulated since they started recording and nothing to do with the total for any particular year.

You're getting confused. The 6 visa exempts I'm talking about are the total you have accumulated since they started recording and nothing to do with the total for any particular year.
I read something on a thread the other day saying a max of 2 visa exempts by land per year and 6 visa exempts by airport per year

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
50 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I read something on a thread the other day saying a max of 2 visa exempts by land per year and 6 visa exempts by airport per year

The 2 visa exempt entry at land border per calendar year is correct. There is no rule, order. or regulation stating how many visa exempt entries by air can be done over any amount of time.

• Like 1