Emirates Syd--Bkk to stop flying

Bucko

Just been notified that Emirates will be stopping the Sydney to Bangkok-Sydney service leg from June 1st ????--any-one booked later will be transfered to Qantas ????-- Bugger !! will one less player leave the door open for Thai and Qantas to cash in ????  

2 hours ago, billinparadise said:

Fly Scoot for half the price

After reading about their "outstanding" service I quickly dismissed the idea to use their Singapore - Berlin nonstop.

They are worse than other low cost carriers.

No idea why Singapore airlines went down to that level with their LCC offspring.

2 hours ago, billinparadise said:

Fly Scoot for half the price

You should also mention that this is not a non-stop but going through Singapore.

And to/from Singapore there is BA, Singapore Airlines and Qantas.

As an addition: JetStar does three flights weekly Sydney - Phuket non-stop.

35 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

According to one of the links above the service is being reduced, not cancelled entirely.
Dubai – Bangkok – Sydney eff 31MAY19 1 daily service cancelled (Dubai – Bangkok sector reduced to 5 daily, Sydney reduced to overall 3 daily). 

You might want to check - the first link relates to service reductions for the duration of the runway upgrade project rather than permanent changes.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You might want to check - my quote is taken from the second link, not the first.

Ahh....... my bad..... sorry - fingers faster than the speed of brain again. :whistling::goof:

Well considering the EK flight schedule in and out of Sydney is actually only one flight a day anyway from BKK this would/will ultimately mean the only alternative option for Australian travellers is of course Qantas,Thai,Jetstar,AirAsia and Scoot(both via KL and Singapore).Interesting decision given the Christchurch flight goes through Sydney out of Bangkok (7.30pm).Would like to get more information on this and see if this is maybe the end of their code sharing 'cosy' alliance agreement given Qantas really don't want to use Dubai anymore as their preferred stopover transit destination!

1 hour ago, sydneyjed said:

The only info' I could get on this is this..seems they are actually replacing the A380' with the 777 again.This means the quality of Business Class won't be as good as no bar!           https://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-cuts-two-airbus-a380-flights-to-sydney-Melbourne 

Just tried their booking site for the week of June 3 to 9 for Sydney to Bangkok.

NO Emirates flight, all operated by Qantas.

Last EK flight on May 31.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, Snow Leopard said:

That's a bummer. I work in Dubai and live in Thailand. I like that flight time.  

You're Ok ----the Emirates Dubai -Bangkok -Dubai will stll be operating -- with the Mighty 380  ????  or the 777 if the time suits you better

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just tried their booking site for the week of June 3 to 9 for Sydney to Bangkok.

NO Emirates flight, all operated by Qantas.

Last EK flight on May 31.

One way or the other I will find out today from my sources  and will post the info' to you!

Emirates will suspend flights EK 418/419 between Syd-Bkk from June 1st 2019.

Emirates will continue to serve Sydney with three flights a day non-stop to Dubai.                                                                                                                    Emirates customers wishing to travel between Bkk -Syd will have flight choices provided by Emirates partner Qantas.                                                                Emirates will suspend EK 424/425 and serve Perth with a once daily Airbus A380non-stop service to Dubai.Effective 31st March 2019 -Unquote.

So there you have it folks..it's official and also A380s being replaced with 777s.Will definitely be flying Qatar to Europe  now given their Business class is far superior anyway..and cheaper!

36 minutes ago, sydneyjed said:

Emirates will suspend flights EK 418/419 between Syd-Bkk from June 1st 2019.

Emirates will continue to serve Sydney with three flights a day non-stop to Dubai.                                                                                                                    Emirates customers wishing to travel between Bkk -Syd will have flight choices provided by Emirates partner Qantas.                                                                Emirates will suspend EK 424/425 and serve Perth with a once daily Airbus A380non-stop service to Dubai.Effective 31st March 2019 -Unquote.

So there you have it folks..it's official and also A380s being replaced with 777s.Will definitely be flying Qatar to Europe  now given their Business class is far superior anyway..and cheaper!

I am going to give Phillipine Airways a shot for my Auckland to Bangkok trips--  after my last trip with Emirates to use up airpoints-----  Staff on Qantas have been too indifferent for me-- in Economy-  on my last flights with them --  seemed to be a rush to serve meals--put down the shades and dim the lights-- last time ask 2 times for another drink after lights out --never came -- then told on the third time I had to go get it myself -- so staff can assess me --and I was in the bloody middle seat --????   -on that  trip from BKK-SYD the middle section was full of refugee's from Alleppo -- could'nt do enough for them --that's ok -- but what about the fare paying passenger's !! -- ps refugees with iphones-Ipads-- wearing Gold and Jewelry --??  tell you what tho'--the children were very well behaved--rant over --Bloody Emirates fault 

There was a 'hidden' cheap economy ticket route with Emirates: LHR-HKG-BKK-SYD return. Last chance! Also, on the BKK-SYD route, Emirates offered a cut-price upgrade near the flight date. I doubt if Qantas will be doing that. I wonder whether the BKK-HKG route which I have regularly used will also come under threat. Taking it next week. A380s nice but somewhat weird upstairs with Emirates ripping out the First Class section and putting in Economy seats.

42 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There was a 'hidden' cheap economy ticket route with Emirates: LHR-HKG-BKK-SYD return. Last chance! Also, on the BKK-SYD route, Emirates offered a cut-price upgrade near the flight date. I doubt if Qantas will be doing that. I wonder whether the BKK-HKG route which I have regularly used will also come under threat. Taking it next week. A380s nice but somewhat weird upstairs with Emirates ripping out the First Class section and putting in Economy seats.

Would be nice to say to my "more well off than me" friends --yes I always fly on the Emirates A380--Upstairs of course !!  ????

Qantas are the pits these days - totally rude staff who hide in the galley for most of the flight. They'll hand out a bottle of water, then disappear for two hours, so take plenty of your own food. Photo below is the "breakfast" that they served coming in to Sydney - the hostess just rolled her eyes and smiled when I pointed out how disgusting it looked:

20190101_023116.thumb.jpg.f6c9b2a92b2d24987742974f315123ce.jpg

And the wraps they serve up are disgusting..I know someone who has worked with Qantas for 30 years.He says that seniority still rules with the long service cabin crew getting the pick of the schedules and leaving the new ones who are on contracts the rubbish flights(eg Frankfurt).Was on a Qantas flight from Syd into Bkk in December..an older cabin crew with the typical old attitude.Qantas have been penny pinching on their onflight food and drinks for years.I can also see them replacing some of their flights with Jetstar flights in the coming months I predict!

Qantas are the pits these days - totally rude staff who hide in the galley for most of the flight. They'll hand out a bottle of water, then disappear for two hours, so take plenty of your own food. Photo below is the "breakfast" that they served coming in to Sydney - the hostess just rolled her eyes and smiled when I pointed out how disgusting it looked:

20190101_023116.thumb.jpg.f6c9b2a92b2d24987742974f315123ce.jpg&key=e1d2c68cfdd9f92a076d06642e2dbe3e6aeb1645a8ed244474737784a4d7b9e3

It looks like a lady's private bits!!!!

That have seen some action!

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived