BANGKOK 23 February 2019 03:07
webfact

Junta digs in its heels over March 24 as election date

I believe the Ides of March to be the ideal date!  It falls on a Friday so it would be a good excuse for a long weekend!

If they do not keep up the pressure and threaten to "scare" the tourists, the military will just remain basking in lime light of unelected office, posturing and pontificating like well bread roosters, while the average Thai struggles.  Thais are normally non violent, and tourists like to see the struggle for democracy.  The ones I speak to do.

• Like 2

I am quite confused as to how moving the date closer to the coronation makes it less likely that planning will interfere with the coronation activities. I would think the opposite.... But what do I know.

• Like 1

Whoops....again

Edited by TKDfella

Pity Monty Python isn't around anymore...sure got some good material for a new series with this junta.

I am very surprised the results of the election have not already been declared ?

No voter rigging and free and fair democracy election et al?

Dont talk th- - to me.

March 17th impossible for another reason - St. Patrick's Day. Impossible to have a dry day!

On 1/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Chang_paarp said:

They had better be careful about protesting, the "government" will use it as an example of instability and use it as an excuse to further defer or cancel the elections.

I suspect you are right but it appears the public is becoming more and more agitated about being lied to and having their country stolen from them. It would not take much of an incident at one of these protest to light up a large group of people who have remained largely quiet that will also hit the streets. These things have a history of simmering until the suddenly explode and it may be getting close. The only question then will be how many people will the men with the guns kill before the public gets what they crave....their country back. Or how many people will die until another snake slithers out of their hole to overthrow the current snakes and promise everyone that they will finally lead the nation to peace and prosperity for all.