Thailand Post expands payment options

webfact

Thailand Post expands payment options

By   JIRAPAN BOONNOON 
THE NATION

f4a9bb84d7d8dea4e4324b637d077efd.jpeg

THAILAND Post has begun offering a cash on delivery (COD) service to serve the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and other entrepreneurs.

The company expects to record 250,000 transactions in the first quarter of this year.

Thailand Post president Samorn Terdthampiboon said that the firm is working with Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) and 2C2P to provide the COD service, which is based around a smart payment system for EMS customers. 

The service allows customers who buy products from SMEs, other businesses and entrepreneurs to make payments via cash on delivery and online channels. Customers can pay the required charges for the products via the postman, who, upon delivering a product, can accept payment in cash and mobile banking transfers, such as through the wallet@post and SCB applications.

Payments can be made through these channels for products with a value of less than Bt49,000 per transaction. 

For the sellers who have products sent to their destinations, they will receive the proceeds from a money transfer within two days.

Until February 28, money transfers for sellers are being provided for free under a promotion. Sellers will pay a fee of 3 per cent per transaction after the promotion ends.

“I believe that the COD will be part of a drive to increase e-commerce sales in the country,” Samorn said. “It creates convenience for sellers and online entrepreneurs who can conduct their business and arrange for money transactions more easily.”

Thailand Post has gained a market share of around 50 per cent. The firm last year booked revenue of about Bt29 billion, though it expects growth will be flat this year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30362465

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-18

One thing that I've noticed is, when I buy something from Lazada, if I've paid for it up front it always arrives on time, If I order something COD, a lot of the time it doesn't turn up. I don't think that this is Lazada, What I've decided is happening is that Kerry & other delivery services workers can't be bothered with the hassle of collecting the money, so they just return the item without even trying to deliver it... 

Has anyone else had this experience?

Had a phone call from the local post office this morning that a COD parcel from Lazada had arrived (first day of stated range of delivery time). As they only deliver on Tuesday and Thursday to our area it was a courtesy call to see if we wanted to pick it up today.

We have excellent service here.

4 hours ago, yankee99 said:

3% ????????????

Similar to what creditcards take.. and paypal is even more expensive. But I would say it should be a per transaction fee. I don't see why it should be a percentage. It costs as much to clear 1000 baht as 10.000 baht. I guess its about profit.

Still I would gladly pay 3% and not have payment problems with my debtors.

5 hours ago, zyphodb said:

One thing that I've noticed is, when I buy something from Lazada, if I've paid for it up front it always arrives on time, If I order something COD, a lot of the time it doesn't turn up. I don't think that this is Lazada, What I've decided is happening is that Kerry & other delivery services workers can't be bothered with the hassle of collecting the money, so they just return the item without even trying to deliver it... 

I have not. I order frequently, always COD, and so far 100% have arrived either on time or early.

2 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

I have not. I order frequently, always COD, and so far 100% have arrived either on time or early.

Well your branch obviously has good workers then, I've had this happen in 2 completely different provinces, neither Bangkok so maybe it just happens in the sticks...

On 1/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, zyphodb said:

never had any delivery problems COD or upfront payment. always get the goods within the promised schedule

Archived