Trump pulls military plane from Pelosi overseas trip in shutdown fight

webfact

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Yeah, and the rest of the world should respond by showing all the mothers and widows of people killed by Americans around the world... I recon that they are way more than the "Angel Moms"!!!

If you think I'm wrong, then look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, etc. all places where illegal American aliens have invaded and killed citizens, sometimes by the millions (in Vietnam it's estimated that 2million civilians died because of illegal US citizens interacting in a domestic affair). And even today people in Laos and Cambodia are dying from US bombs and children in Vietnam are born with deformities because of US use of Agent Orange... so US should choose, put up a wall and keep all it's citizens inside the walls to keep the rest of the world safe or put the money towards paying all these people/countries that are affected by US citizens going there in the past, present and future!!!

ok, but then European countries have to pay back all the wealth and resources stolen from their colonization of Asia, Africa, South America, the caribbean, etc.

and for all the rape, enslavement and murder that went with it just to fuel some ridiculous monarchies.

WE HAVE A DEAL???

or does that part of history not suit your virtue signaling rant?

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

There ya go again, assuming I give a damn if trump is replaced by a dem... I don’t... funnily enough, that position hasn’t changed since I advised you of it just yesterday

The glorious day will be when trump is deprived of the ability to inflame the world, or damage americas reputation and ability to responsibly arbitrate on international affairs, so any replacement would be better, even pence, though I see some more opinionated (or most likely, more informed) posters think that’s bad,too... whilst I personally think pence would simply be an ineffectual caretaker due to trumps stink.

im just as happy to see (a) flake as president, at least he showed a little political responsibility.... even if it was only a responsible middle finger as he left the building.

but the sarcasm about divides being healed is noted.... although (and maybe it’s just me) I do believe that the elected president should at all times seek to minimize and heal societal divides, and act in a manner to avoid them, whilst setting an example to other citizens and nations, through words and deeds. (Again... maybe that’s just me)

I am actually not aware of who you are or what you support. I probably don't relate to your comments simply because your avatar doesn't stand out. I just looked closely and now see what it is. I was just making a general statement. I don't think people pay much attention to what is actually said by every unique poster here. It is just the same thing flung at each other and recycled over and over. The reason to come here is the same as the reason you can't look away from a car crash even though you should.

As far as divides go ugly has just begun to raise its head. If the power swings to far the other way and the libs dominate at any point in the future you are going to have a lot of angry, heavily armed, rednecks.

You know the first thing they will try and do is cut the 2nd amendment and this will not be well received. Anyway we are off topic now. But I don't see any chance of America ever being united again in my lifetime.

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It is not beyond the reasonable bounds of probability that both Trump and Pence fail to complete their full term of office.

Whats that song I am thinking of by the Everly Brothers 

Ahhhh YES 

Dream Dream Dream 

not only will they serve out their office they will be re elected for another 4 years and i for 1 cannot wait to watch people like you have meltdowns yet again hahahaha

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

like fomenting the hands up don't shoot lie and siding with a violent thug like Travon Martin to sew division, like that you mean?

Did the media hold President Barack Obama responsible for the murders of 10 cops in Dallas, Baton Rouge and New York City, all

at the hands of black men apparently incited by their belief that cops murder blacks without consequence? After all, Obama

frequently criticized the police and bemoaned America's racism as "part of our DNA."

like that shining example you mean?

but then we know the double standards you like to live with.

What a bunch of unbelievable hogwash!

Or as you like to express it :crying:

3 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

Do you know that Melania had an Air Force jet fly her to Florida from Washington yesterday?.

Compared to the abuse Michelle Obama did to the U.S. taxpayer with her extravagant vacations on the taxpayer's dime, she is very frugal. 

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

the weakening of nato thru trump treachery

by demanding that they all pay their share that they haven't for years? like that "treachery"?

while we are at it, why hasn't the defined mission of nato been properly adapted to the current geo political

situation with a clear understanding of what resources are best used and where and the costs that

goes with it?

6 minutes ago, Longcut said:

Compared to the abuse Michelle Obama did to the U.S. taxpayer with her extravagant vacations on the taxpayer's dime, she is very frugal. 

Go on and include costs vs unsubstantiated accusations.... and compare that to Mel’s waste in africa

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The First Lady is always protected by the secret service part of that protection is Air Force One official or otherwise. The same would be true for Pelosi should she run in and win the presidential elections. It seems you just don't get it.

It is not Air Force One unless the President is on it.

19 minutes ago, Hogs said:

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT 

Indeed!

And absent Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative!” the retarded liberal media would have claimed Trump banned her from leaving the country.  

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Where are the double standards?

i don’t know about these things... ( probably because they didn’t have any significant influence beyond domestic issues)

and again... for you this time... I don’t care if it’s a democrat or republican president... just not pos trump, who I see as the most dangerous man on the planet.

if other presidents have set bad examples, including Obama... that’s their bad... but you can’t justify or excuse one persons bad behavior because someone else behaved badly.

in New Guinea, they still accept payback killings... as in.. your nephew killed my aunt, so I’m allowed to kill you. Bang! (or rather, chop chop by the panga).... not cool... one persons misdeeds don’t excuse another’s.

yes, I agree you don't know about these things, therefore you lack context.

the double standards are how you react to one Potus versus others, and not just you but most of the media.

your opinion of the current POTUS is merely that, it goes no further than that and it never will. but keep up

the outrage if it makes you feel better about yourself.

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

by demanding that they all pay their share that they haven't for years? like that "treachery"?

while we are at it, why hasn't the defined mission of nato been properly adapted to the current geo political

situation with a clear understanding of what resources are best used and where and the costs that

goes with it?

What?  Calling free-loaders free-loaders is not "treachery'?

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah nah nah nah nah. You tried to stop me from giving my State of the Union speech, and I am going to stop you, and your fellow democratic congress people from taking this trip to Afghanistan, and Brussels, to bolster the much needed support for NATO, that I have been trying very hard to destroy. I just do not like it when people oppose me. It is not a healthy thing to do, and I really want to teach you not to attempt to block anything I do. This is lesson number one.

Now, back to reality. Trump is losing a tremendous amount of support over this wall, even within his own camp. A recent survey showed that white, uneducated men were tired of the shutdown, and his support among that major base was dropping. Trump is panicked. He is an unstable, unhinged non genius. This wall may be his undoing. It was a severe miscalculation, especially in light of his terrible negotiation skills. How is he going to be able to back himself out of this corner? The hole is getting deeper every day. Just like with the hole he dug with China. 

In a recent poll of political scientists Trump was voted next to last, at 44th. Only Grover Cleveland surpassed him, as the worst president in American history. And that was across the board. When they polled only conservative political scientists, he ranked 40th. His mediocrity, inability to attract and keep talent, and lack of his own personal competence continues to astonish most of us, on a daily basis. 

It looks to me that he is gaining support. More Dems are angry at Pelosi than are angry with Trump.

6 minutes ago, mshs said:

What?  Calling free-loaders free-loaders is not "treachery'?

I’m not sure where you get this ‘Free Loaders’ garbage from.

Since the end of WW2 US defense against Russia has been based on fighting Russia in Europe, NATO is critical to that policy.

US allies in NATO also host US military bases and anti missile batteries who’s purpose is to defend the US (not Europe or the hosts) against missile attack from Russia.

These US defenses place the host (NATO) nations in direct line of any Russian attack.

If anybody is getting a ‘free ride’ it’s the citizens of the US shielded by NATO allies.

5 minutes ago, Longcut said:

It looks to me that he is gaining support. More Dems are angry at Pelosi than are angry with Trump.

And you got this information from what alternative universe?

Trump Took Responsibility for the Shutdown, and Voters Say It’s His

President Donald Trump said a month ago that he’d gladly take the blame for a government shutdown over his proposed border wall. Polls show he’s getting it.

Six surveys taken since the partial government closure began last month tell a consistent story -- half or more Americans believe Trump and his party are responsible for the shutdown, while one-third or fewer point the finger at Democrats.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/trump-took-responsibility-for-shutdown-and-voters-give-it-to-him

6 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

yes, I agree you don't know about these things, therefore you lack context.

the double standards are how you react to one Potus versus others, and not just you but most of the media.

your opinion of the current POTUS is merely that, it goes no further than that and it never will. but keep up

the outrage if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Cheery cherry cherry pick.... I know not about past presidents domestic issues, probably because their domestic policy wasn’t as hateful and devisive and splashed across the international media, nor making America a lame duck nation and a laughing stock, like no other president in history, which is what trumps domestic and international meddling has done.... therefore my context is that trump has demonstrably demeaned the American institute far more than any other president, both domestically and internationally

as to my double standards... your comment doesn’t make sense.... “how I react to one potus vs another”... prey tell, how did I react to any other potus? Comments with the benefit of hindsight are not really reactions... and if you read my posts, I consistently suggest that just because Obama did it, that doesn’t justify another president doing it, an agenda you trumpeters keep trying to push.

as to my opinion... well... the same goes for your opinion, doesn’t it? Sure, you can vote, whereas I cannot... but I can advocate in social media, supporting folk that do have a voice, adding to their empowerment, increasing societal awareness of the evil of lying donal trump..... everyday, the world becomes more aware.

but hey.... one potus vs another.... show me where Obama (or any other president) was being investigated by the states and governmental agencies, to the extent of lying Donald, to prove your point, if you can.... tilt or withdraw.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure where you get this ‘Free Loaders’ garbage from.

Since the end of WW2 US defense against Russia has been based on fighting Russia in Europe, NATO is critical to that policy.

US allies in NATO also host US military bases and anti missile batteries who’s purpose is to defend the US (not Europe or the hosts) against missile attack from Russia.

These US defenses place the host (NATO) nations in direct line of any Russian attack.

If anybody is getting a ‘free ride’ it’s the citizens of the US shielded by NATO allies.

now that is truly some of the most inane vacuous nonsense I have seen from the TVF, and that is quite an accomplishment.

So, how about we just shut it all down then, OK for you?

11 minutes ago, farcanell said:

but I can advocate in social media, supporting folk that do have a voice, adding to their empowerment, increasing societal awareness of the evil of lying donal trump..... everyday, the world becomes more aware

now that is just what you would expect from the current Liberal progressive left, all emotions and virtue signals.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The purpose of the trip was to express appreciation & thanks to our men & women in uniform for their service & dedication, & to obtain critical national security & intelligence briefings from those on the front lines," Hammill said in a Twitter post.

trump wouldn’t brave the rain to pay respect to his nation’s fallen heroes, so why would he understand the importance of visiting troops? 

3 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

who happened to be an honourable honest man

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. 

2011: "we signed into law the biggest middle class tax cut in history" 

2012: "90 percent of the budget deficit is due to George Bush policies" (in actual fact is was 44 percent in 2011)

But keep up the phony outrage. 

Archived