Trump pulls military plane from Pelosi overseas trip in shutdown fight

webfact

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Straight out of the Trump (schoolyard) playbook.

If this whole Trump presidency is real, he should have been removed from office a long time ago.

However, I am beginning to suspect the whole MAGA thing must be a pantomime. It is so unlikely and damaging, on the face of it, it can't be real.

How many speakers of the HoR have made similar overseas trips at tax payer expense?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I am pretty sure so much tightening has been done on her face that it is squeezing her head. I appreciate a pretty face much as the next person but not if it affects the the brain.

First rule when accusing anyone of reduced mental faculties is not to show signs of it yourself when posting (poor grammar, stutter).

Second rule is not to be a fanboy of one who's mental capacities are severely diminished.

8 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

so mr.president reminded the dem party folks to work, no vacation like dems indulged themselves in on their trip to puerto rico , instead of negotiating back in dc.

also the trump people stay in washington like munchin.

wbr

roobaa01

A God delusion, if I have ever seen one!

I bet, you also state, that Trump hasn't left the WH in months, just like "thinks...

It is absolutely senseless, to discuss anything with Trump-supporters.

They life in a different reality, where up is down and left is right!

2 hours ago, riclag said:

800,000 going without pay ! She and her many staffers are going to Afghanistan! What a waste of my tax money! Take care of the business at hand in America,Pelosi  ! 

Was it a waste of YOUR tax money when Trump went to Afghanistan AFTER the shut down that HE ordered and is proud to own?

it is not pelosis job to reassure allies, if she were to insist let her and the other dem party lovers pay by themselves for the trips. waste of taxpayers money needed for the wall to keep out criminals, rapist and other illegals.

wbr

roobaa01

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

by demanding that they all pay their share that they haven't for years? like that "treachery"?

while we are at it, why hasn't the defined mission of nato been properly adapted to the current geo political

situation with a clear understanding of what resources are best used and where and the costs that

goes with it?

Lol.... I appreaciate the fact that you actually came up with the new mission structure vs unhappy face emojis.

but to answer your question.... because it takes time and the logistics are still being worked out, (according to the info published on the www), as the new organization (last changed in 2003) was only agreed a year ago.... significant point being that the changes are agreed.... so your objection is really about it taking too long, because it will be done, per your supplied chart, unlike trumps wall.

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Are you serious, he doesn't need a salary, he is making millions by spooking the stock markets worldwide and if you can't work that one out, "God bless America"

The stock markets in America a doing just fine, thank you!

2 hours ago, Longcut said:

Compared to the abuse Michelle Obama did to the U.S. taxpayer with her extravagant vacations on the taxpayer's dime, she is very frugal. 

Let’s try again without the nastiness then

trump family expenses are nearly ten times that of Obama’s.... so nothing about the trumps can be defined as frugal.

2 hours ago, Hogs said:

Whats that song I am thinking of by the Everly Brothers 

Ahhhh YES 

Dream Dream Dream 

not only will they serve out their office they will be re elected for another 4 years and i for 1 cannot wait to watch people like you have meltdowns yet again hahahaha

Well 45 has really OLD peeps locked down... Everly Brothers reference in 2019!! ????????

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

How many speakers of the HoR have made similar overseas trips at tax payer expense?

https://www.lawfareblog.com/closer-look-congressional-foreign-travel

not sure of the breakdown regards speaker or members, ( it might be linked in this link)

but... broadly, 4000 trips abroad by members of congress since 2011, and actively encouraged by (R) Nunez during his tenure.

so.... similar trips are very common.

58 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Lol.... I appreaciate the fact that you actually came up with the new mission structure vs unhappy face emojis.

but to answer your question.... because it takes time and the logistics are still being worked out, (according to the info published on the www), as the new organization (last changed in 2003) was only agreed a year ago.... significant point being that the changes are agreed.... so your objection is really about it taking too long, because it will be done, per your supplied chart, unlike trumps wall.

so ignore the other part of the post regarding the responsibilities to provide more resources to fight terrorism and

cherry pick the parts that suit you, nice work

Divide & rule (the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or opponents by encouraging dissent between them, thereby preventing them from uniting in opposition.) :wink:

Policy working well judging by this thread ????

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

but... broadly, 4000 trips abroad by members of congress since 2011, and actively encouraged by (R) Nunez during his tenure.

so.... similar trips are very common.

in the middle of a shutdown while refusing to negotiate?

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

so mr.president reminded the dem party folks to work, no vacation like dems indulged themselves in on their trip to puerto rico , instead of negotiating back in dc.

also the trump people stay in washington like munchin.

wbr

roobaa01

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/14/18182346/trump-puerto-rico-democrats-explained

education defeats trumps lies.

4 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

You mean like trump, who is refusing to negotiate?

but to answer your question, because the above is an observation, not an answer.... as there has never been a shutdown of this length ever ( thanks Donald), the answer would be no... just as the president has never addressed the farmers during a shutdown... or fed fast food to White House guests... or... well the or list is long and growing.

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

The stock markets in America a doing just fine, thank you!

While Americans beat their drums and threaten the rest of the world, with the words of an insane president, I have come to the realisation that anyone can run for president of the "most powerful country in the world", all they have to do is make promises and knock other countries like China who have a one China policy.

I wonder why...."God bless America"

As I said earlier in an earlier response to another poster........., "wait for it"

6 minutes ago, farcanell said:

vox is in no way educational, but it is massively left wing and horribly biased.

The main trip was organized by Bold PAC, the electoral arm of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, which flew members south for two days of meetings and receptions. It was set to coincide with a two-week San Juan run of “Hamilton,” the proceeds of which are earmarked for a Puerto Rican arts fund; members of Congress paid $500 for their own tickets. While organizers were wary of the optics, there was no talk of canceling the trip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democratic-delegations-trip-to-puerto-rico-becomes-a-target-for-trump/2019/01/14/c73e7f82-1818-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.54db85aaa287

a winter retreat with 109 lobbyists and corporate executives during which they planned to see the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” and attend three parties including one with the show’s cast.

Those attending the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC winter retreat in San Juan planned to meet with key officials to discuss the cleanup after Hurricane Maria at a roundtable Saturday.

But the weekend is packed with free time for the members and their families on the trip.

Notice how no one will speak about the decades of Democratic rule, massive corruption

and criminal mismanagement and debt, sounds like most typical liberal controlled large cities doesn't it...

it just must be a coincidence.

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

by demanding that they all pay their share that they haven't for years? like that "treachery"?

while we are at it, why hasn't the defined mission of nato been properly adapted to the current geo political

situation with a clear understanding of what resources are best used and where and the costs that

goes with it?

18 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

so ignore the other part of the post regarding the responsibilities to provide more resources to fight terrorism and

cherry pick the parts that suit you, nice work

Now now..... you know full well that I answered the first part of the post, but that it was removed during the cleanout of post 127.

cherry picking and trolling is your game, not mine.

to recap... the treachery is in undermining NATO and allies whilst supporting the enemies of the US.

dude... not even a nice try.

9 minutes ago, farcanell said:

You mean like trump, who is refusing to negotiate?

but to answer your question, because the above is an observation, not an answer.... as there has never been a shutdown of this length ever ( thanks Donald), the answer would be no... just as the president has never addressed the farmers during a shutdown... or fed fast food to White House guests... or... well the or list is long and growing.

I wasn't answering a question, so your point is useless.

then you bring up fast food that the players loved it? is that the height

of your ridiculous critique? unbelievable

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

vox is in no way educational, but it is massively left wing and horribly biased.

The main trip was organized by Bold PAC, the electoral arm of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, which flew members south for two days of meetings and receptions. It was set to coincide with a two-week San Juan run of “Hamilton,” the proceeds of which are earmarked for a Puerto Rican arts fund; members of Congress paid $500 for their own tickets. While organizers were wary of the optics, there was no talk of canceling the trip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democratic-delegations-trip-to-puerto-rico-becomes-a-target-for-trump/2019/01/14/c73e7f82-1818-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.54db85aaa287

a winter retreat with 109 lobbyists and corporate executives during which they planned to see the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” and attend three parties including one with the show’s cast.

Those attending the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC winter retreat in San Juan planned to meet with key officials to discuss the cleanup after Hurricane Maria at a roundtable Saturday.

But the weekend is packed with free time for the members and their families on the trip.

Notice how no one will speak about the decades of Democratic rule, massive corruption

and criminal mismanagement and debt, sounds like most typical liberal controlled large cities doesn't it...

Here's how Trump characterized the Democrats' trip to Puerto Rico:

“I’ve been here all weekend. A lot of Democrats were in Puerto Rico celebrating something,” Trump said, before flying to New Orleans to attend the American Farm Bureau Federation’s annual convention. “I don’t know, maybe they’re celebrating the shutdown.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/14/18182346/trump-puerto-rico-democrats-explained

SAN JUAN, P.R. — It had been planned for months: the largest-ever congressional delegation to Puerto Rico. It would start with briefings on the continuing effects of Hurricane Maria, end with a charity performance of “Hamilton” and include a little down time on the beach. 

And then the government shut down.

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

There ya go.... I’ve added the bit you chose to crop out.

yep... a charity event showing of Hamilton... very noble, raising both money and awareness for Puerto Rico... there should be more of it.

noteworthy is the fact that fox had to apologize for lieing about the trip (partying)... but thanks for supplying a link of your choosing to support my point of view... well done

8 hours ago, Longcut said:

Showing Nancy that she is not the one that is in charge.

True, not in charge of military. She is only 3rd in line to be President.... She also controls spending as all spending bills must originate in the US House of Representatives.

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Straight out of the Trump (schoolyard) playbook.

If this whole Trump presidency is real, he should have been removed from office a long time ago.

However, I am beginning to suspect the whole MAGA thing must be a pantomime. It is so unlikely and damaging, on the face of it, it can't be real.

It is designed to take up our attention, to take up the airways and our bandwidth so that we are not paying attention to other matters, such as collusion with Russia, criminality, damage that the shutdown is doing to the economy just to name a few . . .

17 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

I wasn't answering a question, so your point is useless.

then you bring up fast food that the players loved it? is that the height

of your ridiculous critique? unbelievable

37 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Wow... ok... so if the original post, immediately above, was not a question, then why, prey tell, did you end it with one of those question marky thingies?

and as to the players loving the fast food, that was what trump said ( you know trump... the liar in chief), whereas a player was recorded as saying “I thought it was a joke”.... lol... he was kind of right

17 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

if it has any basis in fact, which it didn't

Oh puh-leeze! As a staunch supporter of the Liar-in-Chief you must not under any circumstances - I repeat under any circumstance - accuse others of not having the facts.

Agreed? 

Archived