Trump pulls military plane from Pelosi overseas trip in shutdown fight

webfact

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

now that is truly some of the most inane vacuous nonsense I have seen from the TVF, and that is quite an accomplishment.

So, how about we just shut it all down then, OK for you?

my my my somebody has a problem.... step down your horse cowboy and face reality

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

House takes over with a majority on Jan. 3 and after 2 weeks all the 435 members have done is come up with is a letter to postpone the SOTU?  Our congress needs to focus on recent domestic problems,  not go on trips to revisit 14,000 soldiers in a perpetual war with no goal and no end in sight (but that is another topic) 

Whoa, Tex. The Senate has been bipartisan bills passed by the House of Representatives. The Republican majority Leader has refused to allow the Senate to debate or vote on the bills. So, the House is working, the Senate? Not so much....

3 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

It is designed to take up our attention, to take up the airways and our bandwidth so that we are not paying attention to other matters, such as collusion with Russia, criminality, damage that the shutdown is doing to the economy just to name a few . . .

Oh, I think it's moved beyond mere collusion to pure, unadulterated treason.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Was it a waste of YOUR tax money when Trump went to Afghanistan AFTER the shut down that HE ordered and is proud to own?

The POTUS is the Commander and Chief of the Arm forces ,Pelosi isn't!

33 minutes ago, farcanell said:

here ya go.... I’ve added the bit you chose to crop out.

yep... a charity event showing of Hamilton... very noble, raising both money and awareness for Puerto Rico... there should be more of it.

noteworthy is the fact that fox had to apologize for lieing about the trip (partying)... but thanks for supplying a link of your choosing to support my point of view... well done

noteworthy is leaving out the decades of democratic rule mired in corruption and mismanagement

and decades of infrastructure failures and incompetence, but 

ignoring that is the point. 

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Wow... ok... so if the original post, immediately above, was not a question, then why, prey tell, did you end it with one of those question marky thingies?

and as to the players loving the fast food, that was what trump said ( you know trump... the liar in chief), whereas a player was recorded as saying “I thought it was a joke”.... lol... he was kind of right

Ordering fast food is what Dad would do when mom is being a ****. We all know college kids hate fast food after all. He made a typo and said hamburger. Wow big news.... if you wanted atrocious he could have served Thai street food.

According to the documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 for in-flight expenses.

2010 article  Pelosi Party Planes

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekly-updates/04-pelosi-party-planes/

DxJU6zYX0AEKgwa.jpeg.0c5d601cd77130ab797970fb1ece7044.jpeg

She's got her luggage back????

5 hours ago, Thainesss said:

fake-ass fake news. 

60 votes required for budgetary issues, aka the shutdown. Totally different and separate issue you're invoking now. 

Simple majority required to publicly drag democrats across the Senate floor. 

But im glad you admit that your party is holding up border security over 3-4-5-6 democrat votes and .11% of the overall budget, and that you are just a simply partisan drone barfing up talking points you know will fail. 

Then Trump will have to call his speech the Semi-State of the Union.

6 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

noteworthy is leaving out the decades of democratic rule mired in corruption and mismanagement

and decades of infrastructure failures and incompetence, but 

ignoring that is the point. 

???????????? wait... wait... corruption?... that reminds me of another election promise... drain the swamp! Lol... Another trump lie swallowed by his fan base.

anyway.... was I supposed to include that issue? Don’t see why.. but ok... bad Democrats!.... find em and lock em up... esp the ones taking NRA kickbacks.

There ya go.... I expect a “like” on this post ????

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

???????????? wait... wait... corruption?... that reminds me of another election promise... drain the swamp! Lol... Another trump lie swallowed by his fan base.

anyway.... was I supposed to include that issue? Don’t see why.. but ok... bad Democrats!.... find em and lock em up... esp the ones taking NRA kickbacks.

u got mine 5555

6 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

According to the documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 for in-flight expenses.

2010 article  Pelosi Party Planes

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekly-updates/04-pelosi-party-planes/

She's got her luggage back????

Why is it that Trump supporters always quote from fake news sites....

[False Nancy Pelosi claims

In 2010, Judicial Watch made inaccurate claims about air travel spending by Nancy Pelosi's congressional delegation; Judicial Watch's claims were picked up by the conservative conspiracy site WorldNetDaily.[20] Judicial Watch also made false claims about Pelosi's air travel in 2008 as well.[21]]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

In 2010, Judicial Watch made inaccurate claims about air travel spending by Nancy Pelosi's congressional delegation; Judicial Watch's claims were picked up by the conservative conspiracy site WorldNetDaily.[20] Judicial Watch also made false claims about Pelosi's air travel in 2008 as well.[21]]

and quotes the ever editable wikipedia????

25 minutes ago, farcanell said:

sad and weak deflections, but if it works for you go for it.

How dare Speaker Pelosi try to go to a war zone that Donald is too cowardly to visit himself! Stop her flight! That will show her! 

Oh, and for those of you who think Donald is in charge, I suggest reading up on the US constitution that explains that "The powers of the US federal (national) government are divided into three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial. The branches are separate but equal."

Not to mention that Speaker Pelosi is next in line to the POTUS seat right after buddy boy Pence.

6 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

sad and weak deflections, but if it works for you go for it.

You should be pleased... I’m learning from you.... who knows, I might say something positive about trump before long....hey... here’s a thought, go ahead and hold your breath while you wait.

Yes, it wasn't a "junket" it was a very serious trip. There is no alternative for her to go without the government security even if she wanted to go commercial. It was a secret trip so "trump" gave it away. "trump" on the other hand can do as most presidents have done in history, hand over a written state of the union, or broadcast from the white house. They are not equivalent things. It would be absurd to have a normal state of the union when the government is shut down for the longest period in history, and the "man" giving it is responsible for that shutdown. 

21 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

judicial watch is a fake news site?

so a site that provides a very detailed accounting with actual receipts is now fake news? amazing

http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/documents/2011/usaf-pelosi-docs-1-07062011.pdf

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it wasn't a "junket" it was a very serious trip. There is no alternative for her to go without the government security even if she wanted to go commercial. It was a secret trip so "trump" gave it away. "trump" on the other hand can do as most presidents have done in history, hand over a written state of the union, or broadcast from the white house. They are not equivalent things. It would be absurd to have a normal state of the union when the government is shut down for the longest period in history, and the "man" giving it is responsible for that shutdown. 

conference calls still work, so she can save money and not waste time.

It just tickles me silly that that liberals are so blatantly hypocritical and openly attacking Trump for pulling the plug on Pelosi while at the same time defending the same woman for attempting to pull the plug on the Presidents state of the union. 

Best thing ever. Put all that hypocrisy out there in the open for all to see. 

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

It just tickles me silly that that liberals are so blatantly hypocritical and openly attacking Trump for pulling the plug on Pelosi while at the same time defending the same woman for attempting to pull the plug on the Presidents state of the union. 

Best thing ever. Put all that hypocrisy out there in the open for all to see. 

They are not equivalent things and there are alternatives for the president to present his speech, which he is obligated to present in some form. The important trip -- there is no alternative method. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

They are not equivalent things and there are alternatives for the president to present his speech, which he is obligated to present in some form. The important trip -- there is no alternative method. 

You keep polishing that turd, but it'll never shine like you think it will. 

That "Important Trip" was nothing more than democrat face-time and publicity. You know it. I definitely know it. Everyone knows it. 

And it was shut right down. 

You keep polishing that turd, but it'll never shine like you think it will. 

That "Important Trip" was nothing more than democrat face-time and publicity. You know it. I definitely know it. Everyone knows it. 

And it was shut right down. 
I know you're wrong.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

judicial watch is a fake news site?

so a site that provides a very detailed accounting with actual receipts is now fake news? amazing

http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/documents/2011/usaf-pelosi-docs-1-07062011.pdf

apparently it is worse than fake news.... unlike fake fox, it doesn’t even pretend to be unbiased.

Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group[1] and self-styled watchdog group[2][3] that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate claimed misconduct by government officials.

Judicial Watch
Judicial Watch Logo.jpg
Formation July 29, 1994; 24 years ago
Type Nonprofit organization
Purpose Conservative activism
Headquarters 425 Third Street, SW 
Washington, D.C.U.S. 20024
President
Tom Fitton
Website www.judicialwatch.org

Founded in 1994, JW has primarily targeted Democrats, in particular the Clinton administration, the Obama administration, and Hillary Clinton, although it has sued Republicans as well including the administration of George W. Bush. It has also filed lawsuits against government climate scientists; Judicial Watch has described climate science as "fraud science". The group has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims, which have been picked up by right-wing news outlets. The vast majority of its lawsuits have been dismissed.[1]

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The funniest part is when they showed the Air Force bus presumably ready to go. Unload the bus excursion is cancelled. lol 

One of the funniest things I have ever seen. In 20 years time I will still need Depend underwear when thinking of this. There had better be video footage of the moment Pelosi realizes the jaunt is called off - nicely played Donald, nicely played sir!

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

One of the funniest things I have ever seen. In 20 years time I will still need Depend underwear when thinking of this. There had better be video footage of the moment Pelosi realizes the jaunt is called off - nicely played Donald, nicely played sir!

Yeah, I get it, "owning the libs" is all that "trump" fans care about -- an important trip abroad and to a war zone for the third in line to the president, who cares? It's all about entertainment for the "trump" fans while the nation goes down the crapper. 

Archived