Trump pulls military plane from Pelosi overseas trip in shutdown fight

webfact

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CHdiver said:

Somebody should tell the honorable Nanci Pelosi that military planes do not fligh with democrat farts, but use, bad for the environment, oil to do so. Like all high up they like to talk water and drink wine.

That's easy for you to say.

15 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Please share your idea of a credible news site.

One of the people who questioned factcheck.org believes that there's widespread sexual traficking in young people, Hillary Clinton is involved. To support his contention he said that 20,000 children were reported missing in Ohio in one year. These people are loons.

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The speaker of the house wanted to leave the country during this long government shutdown. Why would she want to do that?

Speaker Pelosi already had the House pass 6 separate spending bills that would have reopened government. But between the spineless McConnell and the mercurial Reality TV POTUS, those two are not moving forward on ending the shutdown. The ball is now in the Senate's court to actually do their job and pass a spending bill again that just a month ago the Senate Republicans had already approved.

Speaker Pelosi is doing her job unlike the Senate Majority Leader who is just kowtowing to the political whims of the wall loving base and their clueless leader.

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The speaker of the house wanted to leave the country during this long government shutdown. Why would she want to do that?

She was going to Afghanistan where she among other things would talk to American troops. You know, the sort of thing the man-child is reluctant to do (probably because of his aching bone spurs).

She was also scheduled to visit Brussels where she probably planned on reassuring the Europeans that there still are grown-ups with quite a lot of power in Washington despite having a probable traitor infesting the WH who just can't help showing how much more comfortable he is in the presence of dictators than democratically elected leaders.

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

Really something the man baby ratting out Nancy’s iteneray indangering their security what a baby boy that dude is pathetic 

a knucklehead pathological liar heading the world's biggest economy.... dangerous

13 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

OK, I've already forgotten; did I say there was?

No, you didn't. Nor did I say you did. Our conversation was about a claim made by another member that blamed the democrats for the problems in Puerto Rico. I asked if he meant small "d" or capital "D" democrats. You gave your opinion about that. I just added that effectively there is no Democratic or Republican party in Puerto Rico. For the record and given his political stance and penchant for stating falsehoods, I suspect he meant big "D" Democrats.

54 minutes ago, Tug said:

Really something the man baby ratting out Nancy’s iteneray indangering their security what a baby boy that dude is pathetic 

evidence to back your claim? yes or no? check buzzfeed....oh, wait...

2 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

"His letter to Ms. Pelosi announcing that step also disclosed her itinerary, which was secret given that Afghanistan was her destination. Official congressional trips are kept confidential for security reasons, particularly when they involve travel to war zones and high-ranking leaders like the speaker, who is second in line to the presidency."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/18/us/politics/pelosi-donald-trump-cancel-travel.html

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The president left the country during the government shutdown.  Why would he want to do that?

2 hours ago, Silurian said:

Speaker Pelosi already had the House pass 6 separate spending bills that would have reopened government. But between the spineless McConnell and the mercurial Reality TV POTUS, those two are not moving forward on ending the shutdown. The ball is now in the Senate's court to actually do their job and pass a spending bill again that just a month ago the Senate Republicans had already approved.

Speaker Pelosi is doing her job unlike the Senate Majority Leader who is just kowtowing to the political whims of the wall loving base and their clueless leader.

Negotiations are required which it seems granny Nancy is unwilling to participate. 

1 hour ago, Becker said:

She was going to Afghanistan where she among other things would talk to American troops. You know, the sort of thing the man-child is reluctant to do (probably because of his aching bone spurs).

She was also scheduled to visit Brussels where she probably planned on reassuring the Europeans that there still are grown-ups with quite a lot of power in Washington despite having a probable traitor infesting the WH who just can't help showing how much more comfortable he is in the presence of dictators than democratically elected leaders.

Did you get all that inside info from Bussfeed.

15 hours ago, farcanell said:

No... they are not, which is why there is debate about this whole state of emergency deal, or wether a sitting president can get away with committing crimes..... the constitution is deliberately vague on it and open to interpretation.

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

what crimes precisely are you referring to? or is this just another in a long line one sided opinions?

My comment, which you have attempted to spin by hacking apart, was in response to a comment stating that presidential powers were well prescribed.... ergo the “no... they are not...” opening words.

if you wish to debate this post, you need to tackle it from the perspective of... yes they are, because.....

this is just another of your trolls, cherry picking items, misrepresenting comments, sowing untruths, and generally lieing (in this case, largely by omission).

It’s so sad that a large percentage of your posting history is reflective of this style of misinformation.... but when the truth doesn’t work, I suppose that’s all you’ve got left.

if I said... “ Hitler was oft heard to say “I hate Jews””.... you would probably repost it, cropping the “Hitler was oft heard to say” part, and claim that I actually said “ I hate Jews”.

what a pathetic attempt at a troll.... but I’m sure that a couple of extra coffeees, perhaps fortified with a dram or two of whiskey, will help improve your daily trolling efforts.

19 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Why not come up with an example of a poster, any poster, quoting buzzfeed, if you feel so empowered by mueller contradicting one only of the many stories about trump.... that’s one only contradicted... so maybe all the stories, that have not been contradicted, are true... or at least that’s a more logical take on the issue.

oh wait... logic... not your wheelhouse... sorry

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Negotiations are required which it seems granny Nancy is unwilling to participate. 

Yes, Speaker Pelosi is a grandparent. So are McConnell and Donald. I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

Funny, I remember a shutdown negotiation where the "Art of the Deal" maker said "Bye Bye" and walked out. 

18 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Funny, I remember a shutdown negotiation where the "Art of the Deal" maker said "Bye Bye" and walked out.

yes after asking if there would be any negotiations allowed for funding after agreeing to open the Govt......in which

the reply was an immediate NO. what part of that aren't you understanding?

21 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Why not come up with an example of a poster, any poster, quoting buzzfeed, if you feel so empowered by mueller contradicting one only of the many stories about trump.... that’s one only contradicted... so maybe all the stories, that have not been contradicted, are true... or at least that’s a more logical take on the issue.

oh wait... logic... not your wheelhouse... sorry

Farc,

Thanks for yet another condescending response. I am sure you are disappointed, but if your emotions can see thru it, when the entire media

runs with the false reporting, with the so called journalists frothing with glee at all the ridiculous impeachment and guilty assumptions to feed

the false narrative, you can ignorantly comment it is only buzzfeed. THAT is completely illogical biased blather, no matter how you try in vain

to pretend you are the shining example of logic and intellectual superiority.

but keep up the resistance sunshine.

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I get it, "owning the libs" is all that "trump" fans care about -- an important trip abroad and to a war zone for the third in line to the president, who cares? It's all about entertainment for the "trump" fans while the nation goes down the crapper. 

wait, a far left lib calling out the "owning the libs" shtick while demonising an entire group of people on the other side of the debate and then making

a vacuous claim about the nations direction.

hypocrisy alert.....hypocrisy alert....

this is getting really far off topic is it not?

17 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

US presidential powers are well circumscribed. The problem lies mainly with the people's representatives. Most of them, on both sides of the aisle are simply horrible and are in the pockets of those who raise their election funds.

Following your train of thought, whose pocket is Trump in?

17 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

yes after asking if there would be any negotiations allowed for funding after agreeing to open the Govt......in which

the reply was an immediate NO. what part of that aren't you understanding?

And the bonus is that Donald can use all of this shutdown rhetoric to fund raise for his 2020 campaign. I am sure Donald is in a major hurry to end the shutdown when he personally feels that it is a "win" for him.

Trump tries to raise $1 million off Pelosi State of the Union threat

Trump Campaign Asks for Donations to Send Fake Bricks to Pelosi, Schumer

One side (Democrats) is passing bills to end the shutdown.

The other side (the current WH administration) sees the shutdown as a political opportunity.

Archived