Belgian carousel thief arrested after returning to Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Belgian carousel thief arrested after returning to Suvarnabhumi

1pm.jpg

Airport police arrested a Belgian man for theft after he returned to Suvarnabhumi with the bag he stole from a Chinese tourist on New Year's Day. 

Patrick Coulier, 57, has been charged with theft from an airport. He has admitted many such thefts.

On January 1st he stole a suitcase from Cai Zhe, 30, who had arrived on Air China. The bag contained two jade items worth 64,000 baht, a Gucci belt valued at 17,000 baht and clothes - the total value was 103,000 baht. 

Coulier was arrested on a warrant as he attempted to leave for Vietnam from Suvarnabhumi. He was in possession of the original bag that he had stolen. 

It was discovered that he had been through the airport 27 times and he admitted to many similar thefts. 

He has been detained while authorities have contacted the Chinese tourist. 

Thai Rath did not report the recovery of the items except the bag itself. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-18

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a plonker, goes back to the airport with a bag he stole.:cheesy:

We got a saying about Belgians in the Netherlands that confirms what you post.

Just teasing friendly rivalry between Belgium and Netherlands (so take no offence Belgian members)

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

In another professional life where 1st impressions were everything I had eye watering hi so fashion price tags although I draw a line at the Gucci belt lol

Indeed... a couple of pairs of Prada Trainers, Gucci & LV belts, expensive jeans, a few designer branded shirts... 100k baht+ in a suitcase was easily the norm....

That was in another pre-marriage / pre- children life...  now I’m lucky if the contents of my luggage exceed 10k baht with my uniqlo t-shirts & non branded kit... 

So, 100k baht+ of clothing etc is most definitely not abnormal... I’d guess that’s the value of the contents of a suit case for 10% of travellers....

7 hours ago, robblok said:

We got a saying about Belgians in the Netherlands that confirms what you post.

Just teasing friendly rivalry between Belgium and Netherlands (so take no offence Belgian members)

But the Dutch are so cheap known around the world lol. Who cares about what Holland thinks about Belgium. 

8 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

and still Svampy don't check peoples tag when they leave with a bag - lazy buggers

I've travelled widely and never seen that done except in the US. A great idea and foolproof. Makro and others operate a system where you are given a tag as you enter with a car which you must present when you leave. Why not a similar system at airports? As you say, too lazy.

23 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

But the Dutch are so cheap known around the world lol. Who cares about what Holland thinks about Belgium. 

Yes you guys call us cheap and we call you stupid, guess this guy proves our case about Belgian intellect. ???? 

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously ? Sounds like an opportunist insurance scam to me.

Any why you come to that conclusion??? 

Do you really think he works with this one man there go airport meny times before and stealing others people suitcases 

Or are you simply just jealous because this man has more than you 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes you guys call us cheap and we call you stupid, guess this guy proves our case about Belgian intellect. ???? 

Belgian gets caught after 27 times. Huge talk Dutch gets caught after 1 time????. Who’s smarter?

In terms of shit things you can do at the airport, I still hate this guy less than:

1) The Chinese tourists who insist on standing as close to the carousel as possible and making it impossible for anyone else to see or grab their bags

2) People who allow their kids to stand right next to the carousel, taking up space from people who might otherwise be waiting to grab their bag

3) Those people who immediately start trying to shove their way to the front of a plane to get off, shortly after seatbelt signs have been turned off and everyone is trying to get their belongings.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, holy cow cm said:

Name an airport in the world that does? And the inconvenience of it and time spent on man power and hours would be far too much. 

Agreed. Given the sheer numbers of people going through there, it would be akin to having to clear immigration twice. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:36 AM, Wallander4 said:

and still Svampy don't check peoples tag when they leave with a bag - lazy buggers

And, if they did so, the resultant outrage that would immediately spring forth on this forum as TV'ers indignantly complained of the additional waiting time as those tags were checked.

Archived