KL to Chiang Mai flight, need to show ticket out of Thailand?

It certainly is a possibility. Many threads on this in the past. Think one is currently running. Anyway you can try and if airline refuses you boarding you can quickly book flight on your cell. Check out cheapest option. As for pp control when you land, if you have history of many setv, VE, etc you could have issue. You didn't provide much info. Good luck. Just to add...maybe no help to op, however I fly to Saigon today back Tues. On return trip I will specifically ask AirAsia staff issuing bording pass about this. There is no kiosk check in at Saigon airport. Many times I note staff looking at pages in passport. I think they are looking for my visa to Thailand. Anyway will report on Tuesday.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It certainly is a possibility. Many threads on this in the past. Think one is currently running. Anyway you can try and if airline refuses you boarding you can quickly book flight on your cell. Check out cheapest option. As for pp control when you land, if you have history of many setv, VE, etc you could have issue. You didn't provide much info. Good luck. Just to add...maybe no help to op, however I fly to Saigon today back Tues. On return trip I will specifically ask AirAsia staff issuing bording pass about this. There is no kiosk check in at Saigon airport. Many times I note staff looking at pages in passport. I think they are looking for my visa to Thailand. Anyway will report on Tuesday.

Im not too concerned about the CNX immigration part. Never heard of anyone getting denied there, unless maybe they’ve already did 2 visa exempt on current calendar year. Coming back on a new passport anyways. Thanks.

Edited by 3stan

5 hours ago, lordblackader said:

In theory you could be, in practice from KL it's unlikely but not impossible. 

I've flown KUL-CNX multiple times over the last few years and have never been asked by AirAsia. Generally speaking Asian airlines tend not to care. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Done this trip maybe a dozen times, never been asked to show one, doesn't mean to say they won't.
Airasia don't care if you've got a one way or return ticket, and I don't think immigration do either.

They may not care from KL but they are certainly insistent from other airports, I've see passengers refused Check-in trying to fly using AirAsia from other airports, also one couple begging and pleading for about 15 minutes at the gate before they were finally permitted to sign a waver, it seem touch and go before they were permitted on.

• Like 1