Double cut! Teachers shear student's lovely long hair AND cut grades of her friend who filmed it

webfact

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Some people have a simple view of the world.

Recently I spent a long time in conversation with a French micro-biologist who previously worked with L'Oreal. He came to Thailand to branch out on his own and produce his own brand of high-end spa products. Having found suitable premises and set up the process-line, he then started looking around for two talented post-graduate students to train.

He contacted four top universities and arranged interviews. In all he interviewed 15 candidates spread between Bangkok and Songkla - the brightest and best of the young Thai people who were working towards their Doctorates. The result? He closed everything down and went back to Paris.

He told me that he simply couldn't believe that the students he interviewed were so ignorant (his words) of many of the basic processes and had huge gaps in their knowledge-base, and he reckoned that they were at about the same level of education that he would expect from an 18-year-old, fresh out of school, and just beginning a first-level degree course in Europe..

It is meaningless that Thailand boasts . . . "170 institutions of higher education in Thailand, both public and private, offering 4,100 curricula that can accommodate 156,216 new students" . . . if the students are ineffectively taught and learn virtually nothing along the way. It might do for Thailand but it's staggeringly 'under-educated' in terms of first-world nations.

I work on a daily basis with Thai people and they are a lot smarter than the average TV poster (make a lot more money too)

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

I work on a daily basis with Thai people and they are a lot smarter than the average TV poster (make a lot more money too)

:cheesy::cheesy: please stop with your silly nonsense, i am laughing so much its hurting.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Countries with the likes of Brexit and government shutdowns are ill-suited to call Thailand toxic.  I gave up hope and moved to Thailand 20 years ago and have not been disappointed.  Thailand misses some things as do all countries.  Cutting grades for opening the school to criticism?   I was suspended from college for protesting the Vietnam war.  I was suspended for marching for women's rights.  I was suspended for marching for equal opportunity for all. 

So you were a troublemaker.....did you have a mohawk as well or rastafari hair?

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One is a student and one a teacher correct? 

I dunnow but i would think the teachers would have to give the 'good' example...(just like policemen)...So whoever she is she sure needs to have her hair cut to the norm...

I really like the long hair on thai girls.....what a shame they have to cut it.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I dunnow but i would think the teachers would have to give the 'good' example...(just like policemen)...So whoever she is she sure needs to have her hair cut to the norm...

British army females hairstyles.

unnamed (10).jpg

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

British army females hairstyles.

unnamed (10).jpg

Do they have a special helmet for these ladies? And what if in combat when somebody looses his/her helmet and they want to use the one from a dead soldier?

Nope, for armygirls i think millimetered hair is best...just like for the men.

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Do they have a special helmet for these ladies? And what if in combat when somebody looses his/her helmet and they want to use the one from a dead soldier?

Nope, for armygirls i think millimetered hair is best...just like for the men.

There is a good one and a half inches berween your head and the helmet, it's not like a skull cap. ????

Do you think that any woman who passes a motorbike test should have their head shaved as well, or female engineers who have to wear a safety helmet??

20 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Teachers are married, drink and drive cars?  Old expression, rank has it's privileges. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/why-private-boys-schools-enforce-strict-haircut-policies-20180310-p4z3r0.html

I went to a private school with the same policies.  Nothing new for the USA or UK.  Of course this is a Thai public school.  Perhaps trying to keep up the image so to be seen as good as the private schools.  Nothing to do with being Thai as the same thing takes place all over the world. 

The hair rules are for boys. Not girls. I have never known a public school in the UK cut a girls hair. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

If they wanted to keep the population poor and stupid they wouldn't have 170 institutions of higher education in Thailand, both public and private, offering 4,100 curricula that can accommodate 156,216 new students, now would they?

Marcus - Did you forget to write "sarcasm alert"?

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

The Thai law that teachers are not allowed to hit or cane children is also very very clear but thousands of teachers ignore the law and hit / cane children, often causing severe markings on skin, blood, bruising etc.

Teachers are forbidden by the law to do this but without hesitation they ignore the law.

Where's the Ed. ministry? No comment, asleep, too lazy, incapable of construction a comment,  as usual. 

Not too long ago they were busy rorting money from kids lunches 

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, they dont come any sadder than me.

I must be a sad individual replying to your silly comments.????

I've seen you sitting in the corner crying into your beer that you make last 4 hours.

Why don't you cheer yourself up and go for a nice haircut, no, hold on a minute, I'll think of something better.

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

a French micro-biologist who previously worked with L'Oreal. He came to Thailand to branch out on his own and produce his own brand of high-end spa products.

I'm sure he had a reason to try to sell his products in Thailand instead of Europe....

10 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

What a crazy rule!  I can only think it was once thought a good idea to make the girls as plain as possible so as to preserve their innocence. Girls with long hair should just be asked to wear pony tails, or to tie their hair up in some way.

Go to school.  Follow the rules.  Get an education.  Don't listen to the plumbers, rig pigs and taxi drivers on Thai Visa. 

Archived