BANGKOK 20 February 2019 09:46
webfact

Double cut! Teachers shear student's lovely long hair AND cut grades of her friend who filmed it

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sadly that is the Thai mentality for you all over. Rather than set a good example in being positive about actually learning something useful, the schools follow archaic rules and then when they lose face, strike out against the person who revealed their idiocy. Utterly disgraceful, but very much the norm, and probably a fair contributor to the poor academic performance of kids nationwide.

It takes a lot to get my blood boiling, but not here in the "Land of Smiles, "no brains up top"

• Like 2

Ok the big question How can the school lose face if they did not do anything wrong They did wrong and lost face.

To dock a student marks for filming this is draconian

• Like 2

If that would have been my daughter the teacher who did this would end up bold and shaved with my oldest razor blade that I use downstairs.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Yeah...I have heard of those mystical beings as well!

From field of work, I speak to sales executives on a daily basis and some of my appointments start with "Please sapeak englit saloly"! and I have said nothing else than "Good morning and thank you for your time. Would you like a cup of coffee?"

Mind you: I work in tourism, where "englit" should be generally understood as the chance of working with people from...well...Farangistan, is a common possibility!

I can't help that you are not in a position to talk to intelligent Thai's

So, if the rules regarding hair is to do with LENGTH, why is the teacher measuring the WIDTH???  Duhh!!! Oh, I forgot... she’s a teacher... 555

• Like 1

Just now, AjarnMartin said:

So, if the rules regarding hair is to do with LENGTH, why is the teacher measuring the WIDTH???  Duhh!!! Oh, I forgot... she’s a teacher... 555

You know what they say - 'never mind the quality, feel the width.'

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Happens all the time as well as canning. Nothing new and it will never change.

"canning." ? As in putting in a can? Or "caning"? (Sorry - couldn't resist!)

• Haha 2

During the video, in the background, you will see at least one student with long hair in a horse's tail. Why is this particular student being singled out for overlength hair? There probably is an ugly underlying reason. To us westerners, the school deserves the social media backlash but Thai officialdom will say that the will of the students must never undermine the school hierarchy or the whole edifice will crumble and turn to chaos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Happens all the time as well as canning. Nothing new and it will never change.

They put pupils in tins as well?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the friend who filmed the shearing has had her grades cut as a punishment for causing the school to lose face. 

The school administration and teacher didn't cause the loss of face?  

Egads.