Double cut! Teachers shear student's lovely long hair AND cut grades of her friend who filmed it

webfact

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think schools back in the 1960's in Europe / US also had rules about long hair. You could get expelled if you did not cut the hair, that was boys, not girls. 

This is just another stupid rule that belongs to the stoneage. 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:37 PM, KKr said:

My first thought was:
school principal with sawdust in the scull can only be important by physically assaulting a student. 

Would be better to make the students of the (my guess: obviously) mediocre school excel.

The school has never heard of hair-nets?

On 1/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, robsamui said:

Are you sure about this? I grew up in a system where the idea of a uniform was to level-out the social divide and prevent the rich kids from flashing off all their designer gear in front of the poor ones.. I'm embarrassed to think I'm unaware that uniforms were about academic achievement . . .

What's the point in Thailand? Certain schools are for the poor and other for those who can pay thousands of dollars in fees.

Back home we never had uniforms and except some jokes and fun we didn't care if someone had expensive or cheap clothes. 

As long as teachers and school administrators see themselves as anything other than partners in the educational process, we'll have situations where adherence to and enforcement of rules takes precedence over good ethical practice. Surely 'long hair to be tied back' would have been a much more sensible measure?

Archived