BANGKOK 26 March 2019 11:10
webfact

Double cut! Teachers shear student's lovely long hair AND cut grades of her friend who filmed it

On 1/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Pilotman said:

Yes, and that is why this country will always and forever  be 'Third World', despite all their protestations and ambitions. 

Is Singapore "3rd World"?  The rules are pretty-strict there, I've heard.  Similar "hair" rules apply in the Philippines (to males).  Same in the USA until recent decades.

Schools, the world over, are PRIMARILY Factories of Obedience / Conformity TrainingSocial-Engineering.  The modern-model was created in Prussia, as a response to a large proportion of conscripts being unwilling to risk-death for the state on the battlefield.  The decision was made to create a system which "moulded" (brainwashed) people, during their formative years, to prefer death to "disobedience to authority."  This system worked.

"Education" (i.e. "learning useful things") is a Secondary Purpose - allowing the "products" of these factories to have greater utility to the organizations which will "consume" their lives.  In the USA, a form of corporate-welfare - "property taxes" - pays for the operation of the facilities.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Is Singapore "3rd World"?  The rules are pretty-strict there, I've heard.  Similar "hair" rules apply in the Philippines (to males).  Same in the USA until recent decades.

Schools, the world over, are PRIMARILY Factories of Obedience / Conformity TrainingSocial-Engineering.  The modern-model was created in Prussia, as a response to a large proportion of conscripts being unwilling to risk-death for the state on the battlefield.  The decision was made to create a system which "moulded" (brainwashed) people, during their formative years, to prefer death to "disobedience to authority."  This system worked.

"Education" (i.e. "learning useful things") is a Secondary Purpose - allowing the "products" of these factories to have greater utility to the organizations which will "consume" their lives.  In the USA, a form of corporate-welfare - "property taxes" - pays for the operation of the facilities.

In many ways, yes it is. 

When in HS last year before graduation school changed policy on men’s hair length. The rule was not below color. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, colinneil said:

Maybe i am wrong, but i am sure this rule about hair length was abolished a couple of years ago.

If that is the case, school director and teachers involved should be sacked.

And should be charged with assault IMO

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

My American buddy served at Udon Thani in '66-67.

He took a whole series of quite remarkable photographs.In one he comments on the highly autocratic and militaristic aspects of Thai society as he saw it.

I will try and find the photo and post it-please note the hair cuts..he called this shot-"grim girls"

27-Parade3.jpg

An interesting Photo.............. Thanks..........

I think I have seen quite a number of these girls recently selling vegetables in the markets around Issan.... LOL .... and Chewing that beetle-nut stuff that leaks red drippings from their mouths and rotten teeth when they do smile.......

I am sure it was some of these girls..... LOL .....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, GTgrizzly said:

Maybe i am wrong, but i am sure this rule about hair length was abolished a couple of years ago.

The rule was repealed by the Education Dept but still allowed schools to make their own rules.

N.B.  That quote was from ColinNell, not GTgrizzly.

13 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I think I have seen quite a number of these girls recently selling vegetables in the markets around Issan.... LOL .... and Chewing that beetle-nut stuff that leaks red drippings from their mouths and rotten teeth when they do smile.......

Yes-all old"aunties" now..

At the risk of going off topic-but note the hair length-here is 'tough girl'

18-Toughgirl (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, colinneil said:

I'm sure you are right i remember this too,but i have just asked my wifey and she tells me its up to the school, our local school abolished this rule,also i believe if you learnt the traditional Thai dancing in the school then you could keep your hair long.images.jpg.794c4a5b3ae78d0dfecd911c18ac4960.jpg 

20 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

If I was the parent, the teacher would be getting a haircut and i would probably get arrested but a haircut for a haircut sounds fair to me.... 

Id shave her head then tar and feather it put it on facebook and leave Thailand with a big grin on my face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I'm sure you are right i remember this too,but i have just asked my wifey and she tells me its up to the school, our local school abolished this rule,also i believe if you learnt the traditional Thai dancing in the school then you could keep your hair long.images.jpg.794c4a5b3ae78d0dfecd911c18ac4960.jpg 

Well mate, i asked my wife about it, she is a school director, and she said and i quote.... Now school not allowed to do it, if we do we will have a problem with the boss area office.

• Thanks 1

Sniveling Millennials moan again .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

They are plump little things considering there were no 7-11's about in those days

• Like 1