Dramatic moment tourists tackle and hogtie ‘wild hooligan attacking plane passengers’ on Bangkok flight

webfact

MILE TIE CLUB

Dramatic moment tourists tackle and hogtie ‘wild hooligan attacking plane passengers’ on Bangkok flight

The pilot made clear he was ready to make an emergency landing to hand the 'hooligan' over to police

By Will Stewart

EASTWEST NEWS.jpg

Passengers managed to neutralise the 'hooligan' by tackling and hogtying him

Credit: EAST2WEST NEWS

TOURISTS on a crowded holiday jet tackled and hogtied a drunk and abusive passenger to neutralise him on a Bangkok flight.

They acted after the crew were unable too subdue the man - and the pilot made clear he was ready to make an emergency landing to hand the “hooligan” over to police in China or Mongolia.

Passengers managed to neutralise the 'hooligan' by tackling and hogtying him. 

The violent air rage passenger “swore and attacked” fellow tourists seated near him on the A320 flight from Bangkok.

The man is aged 26 and reportedly was recently released from prison in Thailand. 

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8215516/tourists-tackle-hogtie-hooligan-attack-plane-passengers-bangkok-flight/

-- The SUN 2019-01-18

6 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Was this one of the frustrated Russian sex instructors just released from prison and sent for deportation?

Quite possibly. If the pilot was ready to land in China or Mongolia, then Russia would be a quite likely destination. Whatever drama he may have been looking at when he got home, now appears to have got a whole lot worse. Fair play to the passengers for stepping in when the crew were clearly unable to deal with it on their own. This is the reason why many airlines will not carry people who are being deported.

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The full article says it was a dry flight to Russia. No wonder the guy went mental. Few Russians could stand being away from a fresh bottle for that long, even if he did bring his own with him as reported.

All Aeroflot flights from Thailand are dry.

13 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The full article says it was a dry flight to Russia. No wonder the guy went mental. Few Russians could stand being away from a fresh bottle for that long, even if he did bring his own with him as reported.

The report said he took a bottle of whiskey with him on board and was drinking from that

58 minutes ago, stevenl said:

All Aeroflot flights from Thailand are dry.

And seemingly all "S7" flights to Novosibirsk too :biggrin:

The shocking air rage incident was on a packed alcohol-free flight from Bangkok to Russia’s third largest city Novosibirsk, operated by S7, part of the same One World alliance as British Airways and American Airlines.

And now you have an idea what made him angry.

They'd better feed him with a bottle of Wodka.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:
23 minutes ago, Chippy151 said:

Now you tell me. Didn't know that. Just booked an Aeroflot flight from BKK to Moscow in March. I think I'll be all right. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

You will be if you can stand not drinking alcohol for some hours. 

I've been on many dry flights in my time. Saudia, Kuwait air, Egypt air. Definitely the best way to travel.

39 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Put your glasses on its a S7 airlines flight not Aeroflot.

Thanks, but that was not what my comment related to.

And in contrast to you I don't feel the need to start insulting.

53 minutes ago, seahorse said:

Shouldn't the air crew have some form of restraints to deal with unruly passengers like this? Some have suggested handcuffs but even some cordage would work. 

In most incidents I've seen of in the past, they've had plastic cable ties available. I guess Russian airline's budgets are a little more restrictive.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Agree with you, but your comment was not done and showed a lack of knowledge.

Lack of what knowledge? I knew that his flight was a dry one and I pointed it out. Whether other airlines do the same is up to them and not very relevant to this case. I'm also sure that some people flying with both airlines on those routes do take their own bottles with them. It happens on flights to holiday destinations originating from the UK also.

I thought that you couldn't take bottles, plastic or otherwise with you.  just recently I had 3 small packets of cheese taken.  Reason......they might explode in the plane!!!!!  Mind you I once saw on a Luthansa flight B'kok/Francfort aman with a huge bag of Chang cans.

23 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

I thought that you couldn't take bottles, plastic or otherwise with you.  just recently I had 3 small packets of cheese taken.  Reason......they might explode in the plane!!!!!  Mind you I once saw on a Luthansa flight B'kok/Francfort aman with a huge bag of Chang cans.

You don’t fly that often, do you?

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

...not when you've just spent 2 months in the Saudi desert!????

I spent 15 years in Saudi Arabia. (Tabuk and Riyadh) I got very used to flying dry and now very much appreciate its merits. 

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I spent 15 years in Saudi Arabia. (Tabuk and Riyadh) I got very used to flying dry and now very much appreciate its merits. 

I flew Q8 many years ago, shocked to see all passengers relived of all drink before boarding, but the flights were not bad without drink. it was the wait (4 and 6 hours) at the Q8 transfer shed that was so tedious.

Archived