Immigration: All foreigners working at Pattaya Floating Market legal

Rimmer

Immigration: All foreigners working at Pattaya Floating Market legal

image.png

PATTAYA:--Immigration police said all foreigners working at the Pattaya Floating Market are doing so legally after responding to complaints by xenophobic Thais.

Officers checked the entire tourist attraction, checking passports, visas and work permits for 43 foreign sellers. Paperwork for all of them were found to be in order.

Chonburi Immigration Office officials said the inspection resulted from numerous complaints and baseless allegations from Thais about foreigners working at the floating market.

Immigration officials planned to check other local markets as well.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2019-01-18

46 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

How they can get a workpermit for a job like that?

Because a Thai in ottoman costume preparing/selling Turkish style ice cream just looks "funny"?

One of the few opportunities for Thais working legally in Germany is as qualified cooks/chefs in Thai restaurants.

Got the point?

And I am sure that many westerners have work permits in the gastro/hotel business in Bangkok.

Would you want to see a Thai belly dancer :cheesy:

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

When they say foreigners they dont mean Farang they could be Burmese if so they go to the labour dept and get a permit to work not a Farang work permit, thats how the builders do it down here in Phuket,

yeah that makes sense

Any farangs working there ? If a Turkish guy in an Ottoman costume are allowed to sell ice cream , I might consider turning up in the Norwegian national costume selling Norwegian waffles. 

images.jpeg

On January 19, 2019 at 4:44 AM, balo said:

Any farangs working there ? If a Turkish guy in an Ottoman costume are allowed to sell ice cream , I might consider turning up in the Norwegian national costume selling Norwegian waffles. 

images.jpeg

Why not some nice smoked salmon?

On 1/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, balo said:

images.jpeg

Oohhh thanks for this pic, I got it now, the usurper PM must be a foreigner too...

8 minutes ago, lambchops said:

I was initially surprised, but after watching them work  the effort & efficiency required much less so. 

Yes, Burmese of Cambodians do all the real work, if they need someone to stand around picking their nose or playing with their phones plenty to choose from!

Yes, Burmese of Cambodians do all the real work, if they need someone to stand around picking their nose or playing with their phones plenty to choose from!

The thai workers in central mall both in the food court and shops are stressed out because high season has forced them to actually work, something they are not used to. Lots of long sad faces and they don't even hide the fact that your annoying them!

Staff in the food court yesterday were screaming at a Russian family. Full on abuse! Went to oz recently and was blown away by the super friendly smiling professional staff pretty much everywhere

7 hours ago, GrimmJow said:

A Thai can do any job legally in Germany without restrictions.

Just that he won't get a visa for working in Germany.

He/she would have another foundation to get a permission to stay and work permit.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:37 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Just that he won't get a visa for working in Germany.

He/she would have another foundation to get a permission to stay and work permit.

Academic degree or qualification in highly searched job combined with a job contract and you can apply for a Blue Card EU.
I think the salary must be around 40-50k Euro a year. After 33 month in the job the Blue Card holder can apply for a German "Niederlassungserlaubnis". 
Basically a unlimited resident permit. 
So I think compared to Thailand, that is a very easy process. In Thailand it is a lot more difficult to get a resident permit.

https://www.eu-bluecard.com/who-can-apply/

Archived