Pattaya launches study into tram system

Rimmer

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well at the moment they are horribly polluting, and seriously impede traffic moving (stop where they like, park where they like, mostly at the junctions).  But the large coaches are even more of a problem.

They stop where the customer likes, it is very handy and cheap.

A tram would block traffic as much or more. 

Transportation is one of the things pattaya does well. taxis, songteows and wins everwhere. 

Bins and rubbish, a fricken disgrace.

9 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

They stop where the customer likes, it is very handy and cheap.

A tram would block traffic as much or more. 

Transportation is one of the things pattaya does well. taxis, songteows and wins everwhere. 

Bins and rubbish, a fricken disgrace.

Yes they do, but as stated stopping at the middle of an intersection impedes all other traffic. The customers should be well used to public transport that only stops at designated points. 

What traffic would the trams stop, not baht buses? Blackpool trams do not block traffic, they just run down the promenade.

If you think transportation is being done well in Pattaya I am surprised, the baht buses keep their destination a mystery and are not adverse to being flagged down and will take everyone in the wrong direction for a better paying customer, or throw you out. Surly lot!

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they do, but as stated stopping at the middle of an intersection impedes all other traffic. The customers should be well used to public transport that only stops at designated points. 

What traffic would the trams stop, not baht buses!

If you think transportation is being done well in Pattaya I am surprised, the baht buses keep their destination a mystery and are not adverse to being flagged down and will take everyone in the wrong direction for a better paying customer, or throw you out. Surly lot!

Baht Buses are the best public transportation I have ever used in any country in the world.....More countries should use baht buses...

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

the baht buses keep their destination a mystery and 

No, they have numbers 1-6 on the roof stating what root they are on.

Google it.

Yes they do take private trips which is also handy if you are in a big group, or there are no taxis around.

Best transport system in thailand, perhaps the world. trams and trains are not as customer friendly with only designated stops.

They can be a bit annoying if you are driving behind, but no biggie.

15 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Best transport system in thailand, perhaps the world.

No, I prefer some of the nice air-conditioned underground systems one finds in many cities.

Baht buses work for the tourists in Pattaya, I am selfishly looking from my perspective, I am usually on a small motorcycle driving myself, and as I live out of town central that is a necessity. To me they are simply smoke belching road blockers that are also a danger. If I am without the bike, I walk a bit and use the M/C taxis, to me they are far superior to Baht buses. 

Archived