Bad day in Phuket: Australian found hanged, Frenchman dies of heart attack

webfact

Bad day in Phuket: Australian found hanged, Frenchman dies of heart attack

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1547787412_1.jpg

Thalang Police were called to respond to the deaths of two long-term expats Phuket yesterday (Jan 17). Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: Police responded to incidents involving the deaths of two long-term Phuket expats yesterday (Jan 17): one Australian man deemed by police to have committed suicide, and a 71-year-old Frenchman who died of a heart attack.

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police, who responded to both incidents, was first called to the Supalai Essence housing estate in Srisoonthorn at 9am after being informed of an Australian man* found hanged outside his home.

The Australian man was suffering from stress brought on by financial problems, Capt Kraisorn told The Phuket News.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/bad-day-in-phuket-australian-found-hanged-frenchman-dies-of-heart-attack-70072.php#I7H0U63gQEfix8yV.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-18

If i ever get into a situation where my finances are that bad i consider suicide i will just return to Australia where my pension is much more than i am getting here with free medical and subsidised meds , free hospital , xrays and operations ( on the waiting list unless emergency )

rent assistance etc etc . Wow if i wasnt married i dont think i would stay anyway .

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

If i ever get into a situation where my finances are that bad i consider suicide i will just return to Australia where my pension is much more than i am getting here with free medical and subsidised meds , free hospital , xrays and operations ( on the waiting list unless emergency )

rent assistance etc etc . Wow if i wasnt married i dont think i would stay anyway .

Thtat's all well and good, but if you had no money coming in or what little you had meant a cardboard box on the street .....................

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

When children enter the equation the stress is ten fold. 

He was stressed about school tution and other things. 

Hard to drag a family back home when you have nothing to go back to. 

Suicide is never the answer but stressing about the ones you love is a whole new level. 

Australian man found hanged outside home in Thalang

By The Thaiger

police-tape.jpg

An Australian man has been found hanged outside his house in Thalang.

The family of the victim told police that the man had been suffering from extreme stress brought on by financial concerns. He was worried that he might not be able to afford their school tuition and was further affected by his children’s lack of attention and time spent on social media and TV.

Police were called to the house at 9.30 am yesterday morning (Thursday).

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/australian-man-found-hanged-outside-home-in-thalang

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-18

28 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

When children enter the equation the stress is ten fold. 

He was stressed about school tution and other things. 

Hard to drag a family back home when you have nothing to go back to. 

Suicide is never the answer but stressing about the ones you love is a whole new level. 

"Hard to drag a family back home when you have nothing to go back to." - true.

That's why I always tell "newbies" that I introduce to Thailand, word to the effect, "Don't put all your eggs in the Thailand basket, and always have a Plan B, which is outside Thailand." 

He must have been under a lot of pressure, but surely, living a cheaper lifestyle must have been an option.

RIP.

A sad matter with the Frenchman, Guy Desnoes, who had been married and living here for many years. It seems he enjoyed the life, the food and the fishing.

A warning for all, don't ignore chest pains as he apparently did, sometimes it indicates a real problem.

RIP

2 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

What a sad day, Guy was a neighbour of ours for some years, we moved away from Phuket some months ago. He was a kind and generous man, always smiling, and looked as fit as a fiddle. Our commiserations to his wife a lovely Lady. RIP Guy

Which one? The Australian who committed suicide? Or the Frenchman who died of a heart attack? Very sorry for both of them. 

7 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Which one? The Australian who committed suicide? Or the Frenchman who died of a heart attack? Very sorry for both of them. 

Read the story (or even this thread) and you'll see that Guy was the name of the French guy.

20 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A sad matter with the Frenchman, Guy Desnoes, who had been married and living here for many years. It seems he enjoyed the life, the food and the fishing.

A warning for all, don't ignore chest pains as he apparently did, sometimes it indicates a real problem.

RIP

Absolutely................a neighbour in my old soi dropped dead from a heart attack at the age of 54!! 

According to his Thai wife, he had been experiencing chest pains for a few weeks but would not go and see a doctor.

23 hours ago, Old Croc said:

RIP

Tell me about it ????

Im typing this because I didnt ignore it.

39 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Tell me about it ????

Im typing this because I didnt ignore it.

My ex (and late) hubby felt on and off chest constrictions for a day, until I got bored of his moaning and insisting that he didn't need to see a doctor.... and finally insisted that he DID need to see a doctor.

The GP told him to get to the hospital immediately, but neither he or I were taking it particularly seriously (as he had only felt chest restrictions), and so we drove home and he had a fag before finally walking to the nearby hospital....

It turned out that he had had a minor heart attack, and was kept in the hospital for a couple of days and put on medications for life.  Aspirin and some other relaxant (can't remember the name at the moment of the other drug).

Agree entirely with your post - if you have any serious chest pains, best to get to a hospital to get it checked out.

Incidentally, a few years later he stopped taking it seriously enough - and said that he didn't need the 'other drug'.....

I became a little bad-tempered at this point and told him he DID need the other drug, otherwise it wouldn't have been prescribed!

Archived