BANGKOK 17 February 2019 23:58
webfact

Drunk cycling will soon be considered legal offence with 500 baht fine

8 minutes ago, balo said:

Well here in Pattaya I use my bicycle almost daily, and sometimes I enjoy a drink or two. Traffic cops never bothered me, but maybe they'll find an excuse now.

So will they soon be breathalysing cyclists in the hope of making some money?

• Sad 1

They should increase the fine for wearing those tight spandex shorts over the age of 40 and male.

download.jpeg

On 1/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, Snow Leopard said:

Unbelievable nonsense in my opinion. 

Just as a matter for discussion. Is it illegal to ride a bike drunk in any other countries? 

Certainly in Australia, it is, as well riding a horse, or any animal, strange thing is if you have a drivers licence, then you can be fined and lose points, even lose your licence, but if you don't have a licence then you only get a fine.

• Like 1

Yet more PR BS

If the RTP are incapable of doing thier job, (protect and serve), without the usual tea money hand outs, how can any law be upheld...

My guess is, Farang/falang will be the obvious targets and wrongly accused being handed way over the top fines, as is the norm, while Thai get off Scott free, as is the norm.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, Bluespunk said:

Does this constitute a pay rise for the bib then?

Yep , that would be it Bluespunk , time for the 2019 pay rise , what is left eh , the really poor who only have pushbikes.

Next year it could be 500B fine for walking home drunk + 500B for taking a forward slash in the bushes.

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ossy said:

Ever since my pal tried to cock-on, missed the pedal with his foot but, in falling, managed to get his chin on it, I leave my bike at home. But what about wobbly walking? . . . I may just mistime those lights in which case 'running the lights' will get a new dimension . . . Ye-hah!

That is yet to come ' Walking through a red light when mau '   Saying that seeing a drunk on a pushbike at a red light waiting for the green would make me wet my knickers.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

That is yet to come ' Walking through a red light when mau '   Saying that seeing a drunk on a pushbike at a red light waiting for the green would make me wet my knickers.

I didn't realise it turned you on that much?

Maybe the next step is to fine pedestrians for drunk walking. 

Edited by balo

Riding a bike is one thing that should be avoided in Thailand.you are the lowest on the totem pole to motorbikes and cars

• Confused 1

Nonsense. Avoid the main roads and you'll be just fine.  Never been involved in anything serious after 8 years.

If a car hits you it will most likely kill you, doesn't matter if you're on a motorbike or a bicycle. 

On 1/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, Jonah Tenner said:

Yes. In Norway you can get a fine and suspension of your drivers licence.

Norway requires a dviers license for a bike?

• Confused 1