Honda Crf 250 L 2019 model

ad61

I just bought the a honda crf 250 2019 model and found the rear of the bike to be abnormally low.

I believe that it has been lowered to accomodate the Thai rider.

Is there a way to rise it to be the same height as the Rally model?

The mecanic guy at the dealership has no clue at all [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-A710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, ad61 said:

Thanks for the link to the youTube video Sure.
The vdo is about pre-load, i'm not sure pre-load adjustment has somethings to do with height.

Playing with the preload will affect how much the back end drops when you sit on it. With loads of preload it won't sag as much with your weight so it will ride a bit higher. 

They are lower. You are not imagining it.  They changed the length of the "dog bones" in the rear linkage.  They can be changed to the older part number.  The rental guy my friend dealt with in Chiang mai had new bikes with old length dog ones in them.  The change in the newer models was made to accomodate Thai people.

Thank you jb525,
Would you be kind enough to direct me; perhaps the old " dog bone" part nùmber or the name of the shop in Chiang Mai. In the pict. attached, is that the dog bone you are speaking about?
By changing it for a shorter one, it will push back up the shock absorber isn't?20190118_174057.jpeg

18 hours ago, ad61 said:

I just bought the a Honda crf 250 2019 model and found the rear of the bike to be abnormally low.

Mine is a normal seat height 2019 model so as said they must have lowered your one for Thai people, can't believe it came from Honda like that.

Mine is higher now and all I did with mine is adjusted it to full preload to make it work better for weight as they come with the preload at it's lowest for a 60 kilo person.

18 hours ago, ad61 said:

Is there a way to rise it to be the same height as the Rally model?

The Rally has always had a higher seat height and longer suspension than the stock CRF250L since year dot.

I have not read anywhere that the 18 and 19 model years have had any changes.

The last various changes were incorporated including the addition of a rev counter on the dash, bigger throttle body, header pipe diameter and different ECU. Possibly the 2017 model year?

Archived