My First two Years living in Thailand, the good bits v the not so good bits

Pilotman

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

There are some very fit guys out there that are in their mid to late 60's that might be able to marry a much younger woman without the direct stigma, but not so for a fat balding out of shape guy that seems to be the norm. A friend of mine has told me in Laos there is an actual formula (for natives and foreigners alike)  with acceptable ranges of age for the bride and groom. So you could just look it up.

only weak people care about stigma or a Lao formula of acceptable age ranges. strong characters (like me) marry young girls age 28! but nobody needs to know that this was nearly 40 years ago and that we are still happily married. :laugh:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Naam said:

only weak people care about stigma or a Lao formula of acceptable age ranges. strong characters (like me) marry young girls age 28! but nobody needs to know that this was nearly 40 years ago and that we are still happily married. :laugh:

My wife was 25 years old when we got married, but that was 26 years ago and we are still going strong. I was 30 years old at the time.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 8:03 AM, Ahab said:

I love my son dearly. but he is not getting a penny of "inheritance" from me. Raised him in a nice home for 18 years, and paid for five years of college. He now has to go out and make his life on his own in the land or opportunity (USA).

Up to the individual of course and many agree with you.  My kids don't expect anything from me. I have supported then through their lives and they are all doing very well on their own, but it makes me feel better to know that I will be leaving them something.