Stamp Transfer from old passport to new

I went to changwatta 2 days ago to do a stamp transfer.  But the desk lady told me not needed.  Just stamp out in one and stamp on on new.  But everyone tell em that This is wrong.  

Where can I go in Bangkok to get stamp transfer from one passport to other.  Or what desk should I visit.  Cause I think I went to the wrong one

Thank for those who can help me

You went to the correct office.

Immigration will not do the stamp transfer unless you are on an extension of stay longer than 30 days. For example if you have a tourist visa and have extended the 60 day entry for 30 days they will not do it.

You can show both passports on departure from the country and they will transfer your stamps to the new passport and stamp you out of the country in it.

If you have a valid multiple entry visa issued by a embassy or consulate you would use both passports on entry to the country to use the visa in the old passport and they would you into the country in your new passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, gaviny said:

Ubonjoe , I just did my extension and also a multi re-entry permit yesterday ,when I return with a new passport will they transfer it to my new passport?
I queried the IO and he had no idea what I was on bout.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes they will.

Easy, went to my local Isaan Immigration Office with copies of visas issued in old passport along with the last re-entry stamp. My Non O Retirement visa was transferred to the new passport along with my Multiple Re-entry Permit - easy and the Immigration staff could not have been more helpful.

1 hour ago, straycat411 said:

So I can just go to laos border with both passport.  Stamp out of one and into laos with new passport.  

Yes you can after they transfer your stamps to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

Great information and help as always ubonjoe. I will also be in the same boat. I'm back in the UK in April and would like to renew my passport. My work permit is attached to my old passport. Would I be able to get multiple entry stamp to keep my non O active and then chane the non O stamp to new paasport on arrival back to Thailand? Would this affect my work permit? Also a completely different topic but would it be possible to invalidate my non O and change to a non B whislt in the UK! What effect would that have on my work permit? Sorry for the barrage of questions! Any help and adcice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Crillock

58 minutes ago, Crillock said:

Great information and help as always ubonjoe. I will also be in the same boat. I'm back in the UK in April and would like to renew my passport. My work permit is attached to my old passport. Would I be able to get multiple entry stamp to keep my non O active and then chane the non O stamp to new paasport on arrival back to Thailand? Would this affect my work permit? Also a completely different topic but would it be possible to invalidate my non O and change to a non B whislt in the UK! What effect would that have on my work permit? Sorry for the barrage of questions! Any help and adcice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you actually have an extension of stay (it is not a visa) you could get a re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country using it. You would need to show your old passport to use the re-entry permit in it and then you would be stamped into the country in your new passport.

You would need to change your passport number on your work permit after getting a new passport.

If on an an extension of stay it will end on the date you leave the country. If your extension is based upon marriage to a Thai I am not sure why you would want to change to non-b visa and then and extension based upon working that will tied to your job instead of being married to a Thai.